TURTLE

"Stretch" wrote in message
ups.com...
EPA requires section 608 or 609 certification to purchase refrigerant.
The seller may be violating Clean Air Act, depending on who he sells
to. Maximum fine is now $30,000.00!

Stretch

This is Turtle.

I talk with a Local E.P.A. fellow about venting gases and we got on the subject
of venting 134-A . He said he can charge a card carring HVAC/R man for on
purpose he vented 134-A . All freons are to be recovered and returned for
reprocessing. Now he said he could not charge a customer or Joe blow on the
street for venting the freon for he did not sign the E.P.A. card application
when he took the test.

TURTLE

TURTLE

"Sherman" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:40:06 -0500, "TURTLE"
wrote:

"Sherman" wrote in message
. ..

I was watching a 30 lb cylinder of R-134a on EBAY with a beginning
price of $200 and it closed without getting a single bid.

That makes me think that the price of a 30 pound cylinder of R-134a
is coming down.

What have you heard?

This is Turtle.

The last time i checked on it about 2 weeks ago they still wanted $240.00 for
drum. i use to use a lot of it on walk-in coolers and i have stop using it and
went back to 22 and [ R-507 / AZ-50 ] .

I think Dupont is fixing to get a lesson in supply and demand for 134-A is
being
stop uses and using other gases and they may have a bunch of it and no where
sell it at. At $240.00 a Drum , I have a bunch of freon to be used cheaper
that
it and we are just using those types.

TURTLE

Well I don't blame you.

The latest that sold on ebay including shipping was National brand
sealed 30 lb cylinder for $184. ($142 plus $42 shipping.)

One guy has 2 pallets also for sale at the price of $200 each
non-negotiable.

That's good news - it's definitely getting cheaper. I'm buying mine
at walmart for 6.89 per 12 oz can.

China is supposed to be flooding the market with ship loads of the
stuff. Hope someone is charge of checking for purity.

This is Turtle.

At the rate your buying the 134-a at walmarts by the can , your paying $258.00 a
drum. I just called my refrigeration warehouse and they have it for $261.00 +
Sales Tax a Drum. Everybody is waiting for the crash in price to buy.

TURTLE

Gideon

Default R-134a 30 lb Cylinder Price??

Berkshire Bill wrote
Those that have the credentials to purchase R-134a
don't bother with EBAY.

================

What credentials are required for the purchase of R-134a?

Oops, I forget. Photo ID credentials are required:

Everybody has the credentials to purchase this
refrigerant. The credentials have the photos of
Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Hamilton, Jackson,
Grant, and Franklin. The credentials come in handy
demoninations of 1, 2, 5, 10 ,20, 50, and 100.

Gideon

Stretch wrote:

EPA requires section 608 or 609 certification to purchase refrigerant.
The seller may be violating Clean Air Act, depending on who he sells
to. Maximum fine is now $30,000.00!

================

The EPA requires testing and certification to purchase so-called
OZONE-DEPLETING refrigerants. You can purchase refrigerants
such as R-134a and R-410a without certification. The seller is not
violating any laws. Nobody is getting fined.

Gideon

SteveB

"Gideon" wrote in message
.. .

Berkshire Bill wrote
Those that have the credentials to purchase R-134a
don't bother with EBAY.

================

What credentials are required for the purchase of R-134a?

Oops, I forget. Photo ID credentials are required:

Everybody has the credentials to purchase this
refrigerant. The credentials have the photos of
Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Hamilton, Jackson,
Grant, and Franklin. The credentials come in handy
demoninations of 1, 2, 5, 10 ,20, 50, and 100.

Yeah, and we ALL know how tightly ebay polices their auctions. And punishes
those who violate the rules.

I'd rather have a carful of wiseguys mad at me than ebay.

Yeah, right.

Steve

Gideon

Turtle wrote:
I talk with a Local E.P.A. fellow about venting gases and we got on the subject
of venting 134-A . He said he can charge a card carring HVAC/R man for on
purpose he vented 134-A . All freons are to be recovered and returned for
reprocessing. Now he said he could not charge a customer or Joe blow on the
street for venting the freon for he did not sign the E.P.A. card application
when he took the test.

========================

Turtle,

That may be his practice, but some of what he is saying is incorrect.
It is illegal for anybody to intentionally vent R134-a during service, repair,
maintenance or disposal of a system. In practice and due to pragmatic
considerations, the EPA tends to focus their attention on "the big boys"
and does not overtly chase down the average amateur working on his
own system. But it is still illegal.

Gideon

Gideon

I think you are missing the point and the bit of humor.
There is no EPA certification required to purchase
R-134a. All you need is the cash purchase price,
hence the reference to demoninational certificates.
(money).

There is NO need for eBay to police sales of R-134a
or to punish phantom "violators."

As for eBay policing for items which really are restricted
(such as R-12, most guns, etc.) I'd guess that neither
you nor I know the actual legal situation there. That is
further complicated by the fact that eBay imposes bans
and restrictions which are based solely upon political
correctness, and not upon any universal statute.

Gideon

====================

SteveB wrote in message ...

"Gideon" wrote in message
.. .

Berkshire Bill wrote
Those that have the credentials to purchase R-134a
don't bother with EBAY.

================

What credentials are required for the purchase of R-134a?

Oops, I forget. Photo ID credentials are required:

Everybody has the credentials to purchase this
refrigerant. The credentials have the photos of
Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Hamilton, Jackson,
Grant, and Franklin. The credentials come in handy
demoninations of 1, 2, 5, 10 ,20, 50, and 100.

Yeah, and we ALL know how tightly ebay polices their auctions. And punishes
those who violate the rules.

I'd rather have a carful of wiseguys mad at me than ebay.

Yeah, right.

Steve

h1ebs

You have to be certified do buy any refrigerant in WI, and I think also
Calfornia.

--
h1ebs
h1ebs's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=81

TURTLE

"h1ebs" wrote in message

You have to be certified do buy any refrigerant in WI, and I think also
Calfornia.

--
h1ebs
h1ebs's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=81
View this thread: http://www.homeplot.com/showthread.php?t=58620

This is Turtle.

These states may have it controlled up good but everywhere else R-134-A is sold
at walmarts but there is one rule tyhat applies to 134-A freon buying from
Walmarts. you have to be 21 years of age before you can buy it. You know the
kids freon sniffers using the stuff by can.

TURTLE

Gideon

h1ebs wrote in message ...

You have to be certified do buy any refrigerant in WI,
and I think also Calfornia.

That may be true, but we are discussing EPA certification,
which is a federal issue.

h1ebs

So I went off topic, Not that talking about epa is not off topic also. I
thought it was the cost of 134a that this thread was about.