Gideon

Turtle wrote:
I talk with a Local E.P.A. fellow about venting gases and we got on the subject
of venting 134-A . He said he can charge a card carring HVAC/R man for on
purpose he vented 134-A . All freons are to be recovered and returned for
reprocessing. Now he said he could not charge a customer or Joe blow on the
street for venting the freon for he did not sign the E.P.A. card application
when he took the test.

Turtle,

That may be his practice, but some of what he is saying is incorrect.
It is illegal for anybody to intentionally vent R134-a during service, repair,
maintenance or disposal of a system. In practice and due to pragmatic
considerations, the EPA tends to focus their attention on "the big boys"
and does not overtly chase down the average amateur working on his
own system. But it is still illegal.

Gideon