John

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 05:15:09 +0000 (UTC), in alt.home.repair you
wrote:

I think that if you get the smallest available 4-stroke motorcycle and
drive it as gently as cage drivers usually drive their cages, you would
get (MY GUESSTIMATE) about 60 MPG both city and highway, and about 80-90
MPG on country roads cruising at at 40-50 MPH or at whatever speed is
hardly outside this range while using a higher gear and having the engine
sounding like it is running efficiently.
At higher speeds, I see air resistance making motorcycles having fuel
economy drop with increasing speed towards only somewhat more than is
achievable with better-highway-mileage cars at such higher speeds.

- Don Klipstein )

Some good points. My 750 gets about 45mpg highway. Note that
bikes can cost significantly more to operate and maintain. Tires is a
big part of the expense. Bike tires are relatively expensIVE.

jd

PS : My apologies for emailing you. Unfortunately I switched
newsreaders recently and am having a little trouble.

JD

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM