Bill

Default Those new BLAST flush toilets?

Where do you get those new toilets that "Blast" the water out when you
flush?

I have seen these in businesses. They look just like a regular toilet. I
looked in one and there was a black round plastic compression tank inside.

Bill

I found it....

They are called "Pressure Assist Toilets" or "Pressure Assisted Toilets"

This model looks like it has a remote control, but is just a sensor mounted
on the wall...
http://flushmate.com/intelliflush/index.html

Main page...
http://www.flushmate.com

"Bill" wrote in message
Where do you get those new toilets that "Blast" the water out when you
flush?

I have seen these in businesses. They look just like a regular toilet. I
looked in one and there was a black round plastic compression tank

inside.

pb

I've installed one 9 months ago. Its great! In fact our water
bill has decreased about 30%(no kidding!) because it flushes first
time all the time. No more second or third flushes.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 05:06:45 -0700, "Bill"
wrote:

Where do you get those new toilets that "Blast" the water out when you
flush?

I have seen these in businesses. They look just like a regular toilet. I
looked in one and there was a black round plastic compression tank inside.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Bill" wrote in message
Where do you get those new toilets that "Blast" the water out when you
flush?

Just a WAG on my part, but maybe a plumbing supply house.

TURTLE

"Bill" wrote in message
Where do you get those new toilets that "Blast" the water out when you
flush?

I have seen these in businesses. They look just like a regular toilet. I
looked in one and there was a black round plastic compression tank inside.

This is Turtle.

you can buy these at any place that sells american standard toilets or plumbing
supply warehouses. Also i have seen them at some of the big box stores like Lows
or Home Depot. Here is a hint here. The Cost of the flush kits to convert it
over and the cost of a new American Standard Flush assiste type toilet are about
the same cost. now these prices was taken about 6 months ago and may have
changed somewhat.

TURTLE

Art

Kohler makes some models. So does Gerber. Just call dealers and ask them
to order one. Gerber has a high water level and you might want to get their
tall model. In fact Consumer Reports now recommends tall models although it
might be a problem with young kids.

"Bill" wrote in message
Where do you get those new toilets that "Blast" the water out when you
flush?

I have seen these in businesses. They look just like a regular toilet. I
looked in one and there was a black round plastic compression tank inside.

Art

One advantage of these toilets, at least the ones with a Sloan valve, is
that they detect back pressure and cannot overflow. If they feel
backpressure they stop flushing instantly.
Also mine are 8 years old and although I have 4 of them, I've only had to
replace 1 small component in all that time. I would have gone thru many
more parts with a gravity toilet by now.

"Bill" wrote in message
Where do you get those new toilets that "Blast" the water out when you
flush?

I have seen these in businesses. They look just like a regular toilet. I
looked in one and there was a black round plastic compression tank inside.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
One advantage of these toilets, at least the ones with a Sloan valve, is
that they detect back pressure and cannot overflow. If they feel
backpressure they stop flushing instantly.
Also mine are 8 years old and although I have 4 of them, I've only had to
replace 1 small component in all that time. I would have gone thru many
more parts with a gravity toilet by now.

How is the noise? The one we have at work lets everyone in the office know
you took a dump.

Art

The Gerber which is newer is reasonably quiet. The Kohler is very noisy.
But it could be that the new Sloan valves are quieter and with a newer valve
the Kohler would be quieter. In any case check Consumer Reports at the
library for their ratings.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

ink.net...