roones3

Default Sprinkler wiring troubleshooting

-------------------------------------

The wiring for my sprinklers has come undone. What is the best way to
reconnect? What tools would help me in identifying which wire goes to
which? I have a section of three valves, and they have all been
disconnected and now I have to figure out which wire to connect back so I
can get them back under control.

Should I turn on one valve at the controls and...test which wire is
registering current??? Or something??

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
Dave

(roones3) wrote in
news:1125421350.cbb4a35100e796e8eee5b62cd228871f@t eranews:

-------------------------------------

The wiring for my sprinklers has come undone. What is the best way to
reconnect? What tools would help me in identifying which wire goes to
which? I have a section of three valves, and they have all been
disconnected and now I have to figure out which wire to connect back so

can get them back under control.

Should I turn on one valve at the controls and...test which wire is
registering current??? Or something??

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums

There should be a common wire that goes to all the valves, then another
wire that is specific to each valve. For example, I have black going to
each valve as common. Then, Brown for station 1, Red for station 2,
Orange for station three, etc.

Dave
Bill

Or connect two wires to a valve and see what turns that valve on. (If the
wires are in pairs.) Then move those wires to the correct valve.

Then you wouldn't need to learn to use a voltmeter.

"roones3" wrote in message

The wiring for my sprinklers has come undone. What is the best way to
reconnect? What tools would help me in identifying which wire goes to
which? I have a section of three valves, and they have all been
disconnected and now I have to figure out which wire to connect back so I
can get them back under control.

Should I turn on one valve at the controls and...test which wire is
registering current??? Or something??

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:02:27 GMT,
(roones3) wrote:

The wiring for my sprinklers has come undone. What is the best way to
reconnect? What tools would help me in identifying which wire goes to
which? I have a section of three valves, and they have all been
disconnected and now I have to figure out which wire to connect back so I
can get them back under control.

determine the wire colors coming to the valves and then look at
control panel to see which zones have those colors attached... each
valve will connect to the common and each color to the zone wire..

Oren

excused from saving Universes."