Bill

Or connect two wires to a valve and see what turns that valve on. (If the
wires are in pairs.) Then move those wires to the correct valve.

Then you wouldn't need to learn to use a voltmeter.

"roones3" wrote in message

The wiring for my sprinklers has come undone. What is the best way to
reconnect? What tools would help me in identifying which wire goes to
which? I have a section of three valves, and they have all been
disconnected and now I have to figure out which wire to connect back so I
can get them back under control.

Should I turn on one valve at the controls and...test which wire is
registering current??? Or something??