Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Home Telephone Wiring

All,

Ok, I have had DSL put into my home. It's from SBC and I'm having a
ton of problems. I want to put in my own Demarc unit but I have a
questions. Let me first tell you my home was built in the 80's, is in
Southern California. Here is the situation. The wire coming in from
the street has ten wires in it. 5 white and 5 colored. The lines in
my house have six wires. These are setandard if you will....3 colored
wires and then three white wires with the corresponding colored lines.
Anyway, the wire from the street to my house is going to a piece of
equipment (About hald the size of a deck of cards) that had two screws
on one side, two on the other and then a single screw that was
connected to a grounding wire. Anyway, everything I'm reading talks
about Demarc boxes and lines having a green and red wire. This is not
the case for me. What the heck do I connect to what? Do I only
connect the "two live" wires from the street to the new Demarc unit or
do I connect all ten. Is the colored line the "green" or the "red"?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Telephone Wiring Max Home Repair 3 August 18th 05 10:43 AM
Telephone wiring question chemqueries Home Repair 9 July 27th 05 05:32 AM
Inefficient home wiring? [email protected] Home Ownership 6 January 10th 05 11:32 PM
New home construction: Wiring question Bill Home Ownership 1 November 27th 04 11:20 PM
Home Inspection Listings Patrick Glenn Home Repair 0 April 25th 04 09:05 PM