Tony Hwang

All,

Ok, I have had DSL put into my home. It's from SBC and I'm having a
ton of problems. I want to put in my own Demarc unit but I have a
questions. Let me first tell you my home was built in the 80's, is in
Southern California. Here is the situation. The wire coming in from
the street has ten wires in it. 5 white and 5 colored. The lines in
my house have six wires. These are setandard if you will....3 colored
wires and then three white wires with the corresponding colored lines.
Anyway, the wire from the street to my house is going to a piece of
equipment (About hald the size of a deck of cards) that had two screws
on one side, two on the other and then a single screw that was
connected to a grounding wire. Anyway, everything I'm reading talks
about Demarc boxes and lines having a green and red wire. This is not
the case for me. What the heck do I connect to what? Do I only
connect the "two live" wires from the street to the new Demarc unit or
do I connect all ten. Is the colored line the "green" or the "red"?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,
If you know color scheme and what Tip, Ring, Sleeve means.
You have two live wires and rest are spare pairs coming in. You have 3
phone jack outlets in the house? I reckon you installed filters for DSL?
Tony