Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Bill

Default New home construction: Wiring question

I am having a house built for me by a national builder. I just noticed
today (before the sheetrock was put up) that the casing for several
wires is broken and exposing the wire. Is this a safety issue or am I
being paranoid? I think that it had to be replaced in that situation
when I did work for Habitat for Humanity. Does it depend upon local
building/electrical codes? I am concerned and the only answer I get
from my builder's sales rep is that they have been building houses for
many years and that I don't know what I am talking about. Any advise?

Thanks!
John A. Weeks III

In article , Bill
wrote:

I am having a house built for me by a national builder. I just noticed
today (before the sheetrock was put up) that the casing for several
wires is broken and exposing the wire. Is this a safety issue or am I
being paranoid? I think that it had to be replaced in that situation
when I did work for Habitat for Humanity. Does it depend upon local
building/electrical codes? I am concerned and the only answer I get
from my builder's sales rep is that they have been building houses for
many years and that I don't know what I am talking about. Any advise?

Take photos if they are still exposed. Then call your building
inspector. There normally is an electrical rough-out inspection.
See who did it and give them a call.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications