mgnric05

Default Using 2 different base boards in the house

Hey folks:

I just re-did my dining room with new snap-on wood floor, baseboard
etc. I used a 5 1/4" base board (height). Since I replaced the door
casings, it looks nicely matched.
However, I am feeling lazy now to replace the thin clamshell casings on
all the other doors that I have and so plan to use a 3 5/8" ht.
baseboard in the rest of the house instead so that it matches somewhat
the thinner casings elsewhere. Do you think this will look noticeably
different when I sell the house?
I know this is a subjective question so please folks, I am serious
here; no smart alec responses.

Thanks,
MGN

Joseph Meehan

mgnric05 wrote:
Hey folks:

I just re-did my dining room with new snap-on wood floor, baseboard
etc. I used a 5 1/4" base board (height). Since I replaced the door
casings, it looks nicely matched.
However, I am feeling lazy now to replace the thin clamshell casings
on all the other doors that I have and so plan to use a 3 5/8" ht.
baseboard in the rest of the house instead so that it matches somewhat
the thinner casings elsewhere. Do you think this will look noticeably
different when I sell the house?
I know this is a subjective question so please folks, I am serious
here; no smart alec responses.

Thanks,
MGN

My guess is you are going to notice it the most and wish you had done it
right and will end up changing it.

As for someone who is just visiting I would guess 20% of them might
notice.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

PipeDown

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
mgnric05 wrote:
[...]

They might notice especially if you empty the house before selling but it
shouldn't effect any resale price. Most people want a few easy things to
fix up right away anyhow, it makes them feel more at home. People only
deduct for things that have to be fixed not little cosmetic foibles.

Many homes have one or more rooms trimmed differently due to patchwork
remodeling, its normal. the look all depends on how each room flows to the
next and if both trims are visible at the same time in a broad view.

Edwin Pawlowski

"mgnric05" wrote in message
I know this is a subjective question so please folks, I am serious
here; no smart alec responses.

We know you are serious, but when you ask for no smart alec responses, you
leave yourself wide open for them or NOT to get some legitimate responses
because we think YOU are the smart alec.