Tom Accuosti

Default Speaking of snowblowers

Like Robert11, I live in the Northeast, too. This summer I bought a John
Deere L111 tractor. It's a small 20hp V-twin B&S lawn tractor that
(according to the Home Depot dudes) can easily power a 42" snowblower. I
checked the Deere site and they do sell one that they claim will work on
this model.

I just wondered if anyone has tried it or has any comments. I'e got a
small 22" Craftsman blower that's getting on in years. Oh, and so am I,
so I wouldn't mind something a little bigger.

Thanx

jim bosworth

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 02:21:15 GMT, "Tom Accuosti"
wrote:

Like Robert11, I live in the Northeast, too. This summer I bought a John
Deere L111 tractor. It's a small 20hp V-twin B&S lawn tractor that
(according to the Home Depot dudes) can easily power a 42" snowblower. I
checked the Deere site and they do sell one that they claim will work on
this model.

I just wondered if anyone has tried it or has any comments. I'e got a
small 22" Craftsman blower that's getting on in years. Oh, and so am I,
so I wouldn't mind something a little bigger.

Thanx

I dont have personal experience with the blowers on these machines but
do own a L120. They discus snowblowers all the time on the yahoo
group, and you can look thru the old posts as well

Go to:

calhoun

"Tom Accuosti" wrote in message
.. .
Like Robert11, I live in the Northeast, too. This summer I bought a John
Deere L111 tractor. It's a small 20hp V-twin B&S lawn tractor that
(according to the Home Depot dudes) can easily power a 42" snowblower. I
checked the Deere site and they do sell one that they claim will work on
this model.

I just wondered if anyone has tried it or has any comments. I'e got a
small 22" Craftsman blower that's getting on in years. Oh, and so am I,
so I wouldn't mind something a little bigger.

Thanx

Hi, I am in upstate NY. Have a similar tractor (2000series cub). Have a
blade and a blower. Each require wheel weights and chains to be effective.
The blower will handle a deeper accumulation and will, of course, not leave
the banks but is slow and miserable to use in the wind.
The blade is my favorite it is 1/3 the price of the blower.. It is real
fast, 3 times faster than the blower. I have to plow real wide at the
beginning of the season to allow for the bank that will close in as the
season progresses.
I have used them for 4 years now. I don't like the way the chains scratch up
my driveway and having a cab would be real nice. I am looking for an old
beater pickup with a plow for this year.