papaya

Default I proclaim that alt.hvac is now to become a home owner's forum

and as the founder of the group, I get to determine whether this group is
for home owners or not!

(what? you say I didn't start the group? well, Paul did not start the
group either, but he thinks that by falsely claiming that he did, he can
therefore make up bogus "rules", such as no home owner questions. So, on
equal authority, I am now proclaiming alt.hvac to be a home owner's forum
from now on!)

so please, calling all home owners, please post your questions to alt.hvac
!!

bill

In article ,
"papaya" wrote:

and as the founder of the group, I get to determine whether this group is

Look fruit. Instead of digging your ass and typing bull****. Why don't
you learn to play russian roulette. You only need a paypal account and a
gun.
I have $5 says you're too big a pussy to pull the trigger.

--

Paul's cat got a furball and kept saying weasel's name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*
Ken

papaya wrote:
and as the founder of the group, I get to determine whether this group is
for home owners or not!

(what? you say I didn't start the group? well, Paul did not start the
group either, but he thinks that by falsely claiming that he did, he can
therefore make up bogus "rules", such as no home owner questions. So, on
equal authority, I am now proclaiming alt.hvac to be a home owner's forum
from now on!)

so please, calling all home owners, please post your questions to alt.hvac
!!

It might as well be a home owners news group, since I have yet to see a
constructive post by Paul to even a HVAC professional. He seems to need
an attitude adjustment. Perhaps it is because no one will hire someone
like him to do work for them, and he sits by his computer doing the only
thing he does well. Criticize!

On the other hand perhaps he is incarcerated, ****ed off at the world,
and has lots of time on his hands? That could explain his "Feed an
animal that needs you today," comment.

Finally, I have read many comments suggesting that a professional be
called to solve a problem. This is probably good advice in most
situations, but with people like Paul acting like smart asses, is it any
wonder that a homeowner is leery of calling a pro to solve their
problem? If I were in such a business I would try to project an image
of concern and honesty. Calling the potential customer names, does not
make him want to hire the name caller.

Ken
B-Hate-Me

"papaya" wrote in message
and as the founder of the group, I get to determine whether this group is
for home owners or not!

(what? you say I didn't start the group? well, Paul did not start the
group either, but he thinks that by falsely claiming that he did, he can
therefore make up bogus "rules", such as no home owner questions. So, on
equal authority, I am now proclaiming alt.hvac to be a home owner's forum
from now on!)

so please, calling all home owners, please post your questions to alt.hvac
!!

That's bull****.

Everyone knows that *I* started this group..... Shortly after
I started the Internet.

FDR

"papaya" wrote in message
and as the founder of the group, I get to determine whether this group is
for home owners or not!

(what? you say I didn't start the group? well, Paul did not start the
group either, but he thinks that by falsely claiming that he did, he can
therefore make up bogus "rules", such as no home owner questions. So, on
equal authority, I am now proclaiming alt.hvac to be a home owner's forum
from now on!)

so please, calling all home owners, please post your questions to alt.hvac
!!

In my experience over there, I have found that for the most part people are
rude, obnoxious, condescending and generally unhelpful. If that is what
being a professional is, then many should beware of the hvac industry.

bill

In article ,
"FDR" wrote:

In my experience over there, I have found that for the most part people are
rude, obnoxious, condescending and generally unhelpful. If that is what
being a professional is, then many should beware of the hvac industry.

No, it's not a homemoaner forum and you don't have to like it nor do we
have to cater to dumbass moaners and their unending stream of stupidity.

We don't mind you finger **** you haven't the tools or a clue to mess
with.

We do however enjoy the pictures you generate.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=21

--

Paul's cat got a furball and kept saying weasel's name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*
bill

In article
,
Ken wrote:
snipped ****
of concern and honesty. Calling the potential customer names, does not
make him want to hire the name caller.

Dude you haven't a clue and nobody is interested in selling you one.

--

Paul's cat got a furball and kept saying weasel's name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*
RBM

While very amusing and clearly designed to attract the ire (successfully) of
a few from that group, there really is a sufficient number of HVAC
professionals that do answer posts here.

"papaya" wrote in message
and as the founder of the group, I get to determine whether this group is
for home owners or not!

(what? you say I didn't start the group? well, Paul did not start the
group either, but he thinks that by falsely claiming that he did, he can
therefore make up bogus "rules", such as no home owner questions. So, on
equal authority, I am now proclaiming alt.hvac to be a home owner's forum
from now on!)

so please, calling all home owners, please post your questions to alt.hvac
!!

Ken

bill wrote:
In article ,
"FDR" wrote:

In my experience over there, I have found that for the most part people are
rude, obnoxious, condescending and generally unhelpful. If that is what
being a professional is, then many should beware of the hvac industry.

No, it's not a homemoaner forum and you don't have to like it nor do we
have to cater to dumbass moaners and their unending stream of stupidity.

We don't mind you finger **** you haven't the tools or a clue to mess
with.

We do however enjoy the pictures you generate.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=21

You just made his point.

Ken
bill

In article
,
Ken wrote:

bill wrote:
In article ,
"FDR" wrote:

In my experience over there, I have found that for the most part people are
rude, obnoxious, condescending and generally unhelpful. If that is what
being a professional is, then many should beware of the hvac industry.

No, it's not a homemoaner forum and you don't have to like it nor do we
have to cater to dumbass moaners and their unending stream of stupidity.

We don't mind you finger **** you haven't the tools or a clue to mess
with.

We do however enjoy the pictures you generate.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=21

You just made his point.

Ken

As long as we have to get your point eh?
Well since most moaners don't take their precious time to lurk for a bit
or do any research before demanding an answer to their problem.
We have developed a tried and true response system that cuts through
their self absorbed bull****.
We sic Paul on em.

Now before you start whining and crying about it, let me say this.

Nobody gives a **** what you think, know etc. Or that we're "rude,
obnoxious, condescending and generally unhelpful".
Alt.hvac is not a homeowner forum. If you still can't grasp that then
print this out in braille and

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 13:09:02 GMT, Ken wrote:

papaya wrote:
and as the founder of the group, I get to determine whether this group is
for home owners or not!

(what? you say I didn't start the group? well, Paul did not start the
group either, but he thinks that by falsely claiming that he did, he can
therefore make up bogus "rules", such as no home owner questions. So, on
equal authority, I am now proclaiming alt.hvac to be a home owner's forum
from now on!)

so please, calling all home owners, please post your questions to alt.hvac
!!

It might as well be a home owners news group, since I have yet to see a
constructive post by Paul to even a HVAC professional. He seems to need
an attitude adjustment. Perhaps it is because no one will hire someone
like him to do work for them, and he sits by his computer doing the only
thing he does well. Criticize!

What I need is for you to blow me, asshole.

On the other hand perhaps he is incarcerated, ****ed off at the world,
and has lots of time on his hands? That could explain his "Feed an
animal that needs you today," comment.

Finally, I have read many comments suggesting that a professional be
called to solve a problem. This is probably good advice in most
situations, but with people like Paul acting like smart asses, is it any
wonder that a homeowner is leery of calling a pro to solve their
problem? If I were in such a business I would try to project an image
of concern and honesty. Calling the potential customer names, does not
make him want to hire the name caller.

Ken

How in the WORLD do you figure that ANY home-moaner is a
'potential customer' of mine ? I don't do residential, asshole.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
bill

In article ,
"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:

While very amusing and clearly designed to attract the ire (successfully) of
a few from that group, there really is a sufficient number of HVAC
professionals that do answer posts here.

That doesn't seem to be good enough for some. They want to be able to
post wherever they want to.
Those get fed to the minions.

--

Paul's cat got a furball and kept saying weasel's name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*
RBM

Bill, unfortunately,(fortunately) these newsgroups are open to all. Clearly
there are folks out there who's only objective is to **** you off. Ignore
them, in time they'll go away... I promise

"bill" wrote in message
In article ,
"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:

While very amusing and clearly designed to attract the ire (successfully)
of
a few from that group, there really is a sufficient number of HVAC
professionals that do answer posts here.

That doesn't seem to be good enough for some. They want to be able to
post wherever they want to.
Those get fed to the minions.

--

Paul's cat got a furball and kept saying weasel's name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*

FDR

"bill" wrote in message
In article ,
"FDR" wrote:

In my experience over there, I have found that for the most part people
are
rude, obnoxious, condescending and generally unhelpful. If that is what
being a professional is, then many should beware of the hvac industry.

No, it's not a homemoaner forum and you don't have to like it nor do we
have to cater to dumbass moaners and their unending stream of stupidity.

See, there's the condescending attitude. Don't worry, you'll be out of
busiuness with that attitude. Maybe you can go work at the DMV then.
Hopefully all you "professional assholes" are out of work and the best you
can do is make minimum wage digging ditches.

We don't mind you finger **** you haven't the tools or a clue to mess
with.

We do however enjoy the pictures you generate.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=21

--

Paul's cat got a furball and kept saying weasel's name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*

FDR

papaya wrote:
[...]

God knows that a woman won't do it. So you have to get one from a guy. How
sad your life is.

On the other hand perhaps he is incarcerated, ****ed off at the world,
and has lots of time on his hands? That could explain his "Feed an
animal that needs you today," comment.

Finally, I have read many comments suggesting that a professional be
called to solve a problem. This is probably good advice in most
situations, but with people like Paul acting like smart asses, is it any
wonder that a homeowner is leery of calling a pro to solve their
problem? If I were in such a business I would try to project an image
of concern and honesty. Calling the potential customer names, does not
make him want to hire the name caller.

Ken

How in the WORLD do you figure that ANY home-moaner is a
'potential customer' of mine ? I don't do residential, asshole.

You don't do home assholes, only commercial assholes. Actually, they do
you.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/

Edwin Pawlowski

"bill" wrote in message

Alt.hvac is not a homeowner forum. If you still can't grasp that then
print this out in braille and

Then it was named incorrectly. Should have been alt.hvac.professional

USENET newsgroups are available to all at no cost. There is no distinctions
aside from a few nasty members that jump on homeowners when they enter.
There is no sign posted on the gate, just a couple of mean bull dogs that
attack when a stranger enters. I'm sure many of the participants on HVAC
are genuine nice people, but there is also the largest concentration of
bozos on the internet that are trying to tear down the reputation of anyone
in the profession.

Wes Stewart

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:53:31 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"bill" wrote in message

Alt.hvac is not a homeowner forum. If you still can't grasp that then
print this out in braille and

Then it was named incorrectly. Should have been alt.hvac.professional

USENET newsgroups are available to all at no cost. There is no distinctions
aside from a few nasty members that jump on homeowners when they enter.
There is no sign posted on the gate, just a couple of mean bull dogs that
attack when a stranger enters. I'm sure many of the participants on HVAC
are genuine nice people, but there is also the largest concentration of
bozos on the internet that are trying to tear down the reputation of anyone
in the profession.

I lurked there for a while to get the flavor before posting a
legitimate query. I decided that if some of these assholes were
representative of HVAC "professionals," who look with such distain on
the general public then maybe I need an amateur instead to install my
new heat pump.

Some of them remind me of a former coworker, who had a Ph.D. I'm a
retired EE and I swear it seemed like every time I had a conversation
with this guy somewhere in the discussion he would say, "When I was
working on my thesis….."

bill

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"bill" wrote in message

Alt.hvac is not a homeowner forum. If you still can't grasp that then
print this out in braille and

Then it was named incorrectly. Should have been alt.hvac.professional

No. You should start one called alt.hvac.DIY.HO's.trolls or use
alt.home.repair

USENET newsgroups are available to all at no cost. There is no distinctions
aside from a few nasty members that jump on homeowners when they enter.

They get referred to alt.home.repair. When they can't grasp that they
get dipped in flour.

There is no sign posted on the gate, just a couple of mean bull dogs that
attack when a stranger enters. I'm sure many of the participants on HVAC
are genuine nice people, but there is also the largest concentration of
bozos on the internet that are trying to tear down the reputation of anyone
in the profession.

I figure you are referring to weasel? Exposing hacks and their methods
while un-pleasent is necessary. We do let them run fairly unmolested in
alt.home.repair

--

Paul's cat got a furball and kept saying weasel's name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*
bill

In article ,
"FDR" wrote:

"bill" wrote in message
In article ,
"FDR" wrote:

In my experience over there, I have found that for the most part people
are
rude, obnoxious, condescending and generally unhelpful. If that is what
being a professional is, then many should beware of the hvac industry.

No, it's not a homemoaner forum and you don't have to like it nor do we
have to cater to dumbass moaners and their unending stream of stupidity.

See, there's the condescending attitude. Don't worry, you'll be out of
busiuness with that attitude. Maybe you can go work at the DMV then.
Hopefully all you "professional assholes" are out of work and the best you
can do is make minimum wage digging ditches.

Dude you are pretty thick in the head. You and the rest of the people on
usenet are not customers. You aren't paying for ****. We aren't
soliciting you for anything.
It's an HVAC discussion group. Not help the homeowner with his problem
group.
Your opinion doesn't count. Or what you want alt.hvac to be.
Grow up and get over it. I suspect though that you'd rather bitch and
moan about it.

--

Paul's cat got a furball and kept saying weasel's name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*
bill

In article ,
"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:

Bill, unfortunately,(fortunately) these newsgroups are open to all. Clearly
there are folks out there who's only objective is to **** you off. Ignore
them, in time they'll go away... I promise

That's ok. I like yanking their chains. I've liked rattles since I can
remember. :-)
The ones who like to tell us what alt.hvac should be probably post
plumbing questions in the alt.cooking group.

Emeril and Betty C. probably slap the **** out of them there too.

bill wrote:

Nobody gives a **** what you think, know etc. Or that we're "rude,
obnoxious, condescending and generally unhelpful".

Keep it up, and your customers will.

Alt.hvac is not a homeowner forum.

Says who?

Nick

bill

In article ,
wrote:

bill wrote:

Nobody gives a **** what you think, know etc. Or that we're "rude,
obnoxious, condescending and generally unhelpful".

Keep it up, and your customers will.

You confuse work with a newsgroup. Nobody is soliciting customers here.
We tell the nimrods to go to alt.home.repair and if half of them lurked
long enough we wouldn't have to post that half as much.

Alt.hvac is not a homeowner forum.

Says who?

Nick

Consensus years ago.
IE:
http://www.hvac2.com/

You don't have to like it nicky but your retarded ass started slumming
after everyone got bored of your **** in alt.sci...
Go post your BASIC code BS in a programming group. Even they would have
your ass after a short bit.
Try
GOTO: Hell
Print

--

Paul's cat got a furball and kept saying weasel's name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*
pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:27:39 GMT, bill wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

bill wrote:

Nobody gives a **** what you think, know etc. Or that we're "rude,
obnoxious, condescending and generally unhelpful".

Keep it up, and your customers will.

You confuse work with a newsgroup. Nobody is soliciting customers here.
We tell the nimrods to go to alt.home.repair and if half of them lurked
long enough we wouldn't have to post that half as much.

Alt.hvac is not a homeowner forum.

Says who?

Nick

Consensus years ago.
IE:
http://www.hvac2.com/

You don't have to like it nicky but your retarded ass started slumming
after everyone got bored of your **** in alt.sci...
Go post your BASIC code BS in a programming group. Even they would have
your ass after a short bit.
Try

Do until FreezesOver 0
GOTO: Hell

Loop

Print

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/

Anthony Berlin

The average homeowner is too ****ing stupid to know when they are in well
over their heads, but will continue to push on because they are so ****ing
tight they squeak when they walk and then in the end pay us to fix it or
replace it anyway. Since you are obviously NOT a tradesman you have no clue
with regards to the responses Paul gives being accurate or not. You may not
care for someones personality or demeanor but that gives you no right to
analyze anyones professional capabilities or creditentials, especially when
you can't tell the difference between a nut driver and a screwdriver. If you
want to play Mr.Fix-it with HVAC equipment jump out there with a screwdriver
and hammer and have at it, don't come to what should by any reasonable
observation be an apparent trade to trade forum and papaya I can't emphasize
this point strongly enough.....you are a ****ing idiot.
"Ken" wrote in message
papaya wrote:
[...]

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:00:44 -0500, "Anthony Berlin"
wrote:

The average homeowner is too ****ing stupid to know when they are in well
over their heads, but will continue to push on because they are so ****ing
tight they squeak when they walk and then in the end pay us to fix it or

I'm starting to like this guy :-)

bill wrote:

Alt.hvac is not a homeowner forum.

Says who?

Consensus years ago.

We only have a consensus if everyone agrees.

Nick

Anthony Berlin wrote:

The average homeowner is too ****ing stupid to know when they are in well
over their heads, but will continue to push on because they are so ****ing
tight they squeak when they walk and then in the end pay us to fix it or
replace it anyway. Since you are obviously NOT a tradesman you have no clue
with regards to the responses Paul gives being accurate or not. You may not
care for someones personality or demeanor but that gives you no right to
analyze anyones professional capabilities or creditentials...

I often go by how well they can spell, as well as their attitudes.

Nick

lindy

I sure wish you that are complete a--holes would post the name and location
of your business, it terrifies me that I would get one of you to do a
repair job for me.

Anthony Berlin wrote:

...You may not care for someones personality or demeanor but that gives you
no right to analyze anyones professional capabilities or creditentials...

I often go by how well they can spell, as well as their attitudes.

Neither of which are accurate indication of skill or capability unfortunately.

It works for me...

Nick

bill wrote:

Alt.hvac is not a homeowner forum.

Says who?

Consensus years ago.

We only have a consensus if everyone agrees.

That includes everyone, then and now :-)

Nick

bill

In article ,
"lindy" wrote:

I sure wish you that are complete a--holes would post the name and location
of your business, it terrifies me that I would get one of you to do a
repair job for me.

Ruthy baby. You couldn't get us to do a repair for you. We prefer you
can someone you'd feel all warm and fuzzy with. That way we wouldn't
have to listen to you screech and waddle around showing us where the
thermostat is.