Rick

Default Problem with garage opener

Hi, the only way to close my garage door is to hold the button till its
fully closed. I have adjusted it for full closing force and still the same,
also the bar seems to bend alot when opening or closing. Its a Stanely
D2000.

Any help?

Joseph Meehan

Rick wrote:
Hi, the only way to close my garage door is to hold the button till
its fully closed. I have adjusted it for full closing force and still
the same, also the bar seems to bend alot when opening or closing.
Its a Stanely D2000.

Any help?

A dirty of out of adjustment electric safety eye?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Garage Door Parts, LLC

Disconnect the door from the electric opener and operate the door manually.
Check the pulleys, cables, springs, rollers, shoot just check everything...

Rich
http://www.garagedoorsupply.com

"Rick" wrote in message
Hi, the only way to close my garage door is to hold the button till its
fully closed. I have adjusted it for full closing force and still the
same, also the bar seems to bend alot when opening or closing. Its a
Stanely D2000.

Any help?

Rick

Thanks for the replies
I have disconnect the door and it runs freely up and down, could the sensor
appear to be working ok but not sending a signal???
Could I try putting a jumper on instead of the sensor to check it?
Thanks Again for your help

newsSuNe.153$IG2.93@trndny01...

"Rick" wrote in message
Hi, the only way to close my garage door is to hold the button till its
fully closed. I have adjusted it for full closing force and still the
same, also the bar seems to bend alot when opening or closing. Its a
Stanely D2000.

Any help?

Cynthia Koslosky

While the door is disconnected, run the operator. Check to see if the
operator's sprocket shaft bearings aren't defective or that the trolley
isn't binding.
Maybe it's time to consider buying a new unit.
Rich

"Rick" wrote in message
Hi, the only way to close my garage door is to hold the button till its
fully closed. I have adjusted it for full closing force and still the
same, also the bar seems to bend alot when opening or closing. Its a
Stanely D2000.

Any help?

Rick

Thanks, I have tried that to, think I have tried everything, the only thing
I think it is , is that sensor is bad but how can I test to be sure?
Maybe it is time for a new one....
Thanks again

"Rick" wrote in message
Hi, the only way to close my garage door is to hold the button till its
fully closed. I have adjusted it for full closing force and still the
same, also the bar seems to bend alot when opening or closing. Its a
Stanely D2000.

Any help?

BobK207

Rick-

In a way your are testing the sensors. Having to hold the button to
close means the door system thinks there is an obstruction in the door
path.

Either the sensosrs are mis-aligned, bad (not sending signal to GDO) or
GDO is not processing the sensor info corrrectly.

Try your sensors on another door setup? Buy replacement sensors?
Double check all sensor wiring & connections

Cheers
Bob

Himanshu

Rick,

My garage door opener has been showing similar symptoms for the last two
days and I came across this thread. What I found was is that the
electronic eye receiver connector wasn't secure, and it had a loose
connection. I removed the connector, cleaned the surrounding area a
little bit and plugged it back in. Now the door opener is functioning
normally.

My guess is that when I took out the recycling out two days ago, I
probably hit the eye in such a way as to knock the connection loose.

Thanks for tthe suggestion Joseph M.

--
Himanshu