Tom

Default genie garage door receiver problem...suggestions requested

Hi all

My family owns a cottage and a few months ago we replaced the garage
door opener with a new modle Genie chain glide with Intellicode.

From Ebay for $15.00 I purchased a new Genie 12-pin reciever/remote in
the hopes that I could hook it up to the new opener so the rest of the
family could use the same remotes that we used for the old
opener...however after installing the new 12-pin receiver and pressing
the remote that came with the receiver, the opener does not run.

There are three terminals on the chain glide opener and I followed the
instructions that came with the receiver (white wire to terminal one,
black to 2 and red to three). I checked the code in the receiver and
in the remote and they match, the opener was plugged in, everything
else works (the wall control and the intellicode remotes that came
*with* the opener). The only thing that doesn't work is the 12 pin
receiver/remote.

Is there anything else I need to do? Is the receiver just not
compatible?
Any suggestions/further instructions would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance
Patch

"Tom" wrote in message
om...
Hi all

My family owns a cottage and a few months ago we replaced the garage
door opener with a new modle Genie chain glide with Intellicode.

From Ebay for $15.00 I purchased a new Genie 12-pin reciever/remote in
[...]

Tom, send an email to Genie at: They are very
helpful & should know the answer.

Doordoc

(Tom) wrote in message . com...
Hi all

My family owns a cottage and a few months ago we replaced the garage
door opener with a new modle Genie chain glide with Intellicode.

From Ebay for $15.00 I purchased a new Genie 12-pin reciever/remote in
[...]

The type of receiver you just purchased was made for openers before
they had the photo-cells wire to the terminal strip and the receiver
was external of the motor cover. Hence terminals 1, 2, & 3 are not
the same as they use to be. The receiver would have to be wired to
the same wires as the internal receiver, but I do not know off hand
the color codes of the wires. Hooking up the receiver improperly may
cause irrepairable damage to the receiver and/or logic board. The
new receiver is suppose to get power across the white & red and the
white & black is the relay that tells the opener to operate.

Even if you get the new receiver to work you may not be happy w/ the
results. Putting two receivers that close together may very well cause
enough interference that some of the transmitters may not work very
well, which means you may have to be in the garage to get them to work.

Why not simply get a new intellicode wireless keypad & install that
for the family to get in the door. It may be a small hassle, but beats
buying new transmitters for everyone.

May not be what you wanted to hear, but it's my 2-1/2 cents worth.

Doordoc
www.doorsandopeners.com