gd226

Default removing concrete board

I have a small foyer with exposed concrete board.
the previous owner had left it exposed, and apparently had
a litter box there, so the concrete board now smells of cat urine.

My question is how to remove the concrete board.
(It's been mortared into place.)

thanks,
Homi

G Henslee

gd226 wrote:
I have a small foyer with exposed concrete board.
the previous owner had left it exposed, and apparently had
a litter box there, so the concrete board now smells of cat urine.

My question is how to remove the concrete board.
(It's been mortared into place.)

thanks,
Homi

Over a slab? Shouldn't have even been used for that application. Use a
flat bar. Over a wood subfloor? With nails or screws too? Screws
you may be able ot back out. Nails you can pull. Again a flat bar.

Won't be an easy chore either way.
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

If I understand correctly, this board was set in morter horizontally on a
concrete slab?
Either way, I'd go at it with a chisel and hammer.
Cheers,
cc

"gd226" wrote in message
ups.com...

I have a small foyer with exposed concrete board.
the previous owner had left it exposed, and apparently had
a litter box there, so the concrete board now smells of cat urine.

My question is how to remove the concrete board.
(It's been mortared into place.)

thanks,
Homi

gd226

It looks like over a slab, but I haven't really begun to chip at it
yet.

if it is a slab, will the cat urine odor have affected that too?

G Henslee

gd226 wrote:
It looks like over a slab, but I haven't really begun to chip at it
yet.

if it is a slab, will the cat urine odor have affected that too?

I wouldn't trust it thinsetted down to the slab. It's not designed for
that application. It may fail, and sadly -after- you have the finish
flooring installed over it.

There may some affect to the slab but I doubt it's much. Clean it
with bleach or other products made for the issue.