DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   removing concrete board (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/117343-removing-concrete-board.html)

gd226 August 15th 05 10:22 PM

removing concrete board

I have a small foyer with exposed concrete board.
the previous owner had left it exposed, and apparently had
a litter box there, so the concrete board now smells of cat urine.

My question is how to remove the concrete board.
(It's been mortared into place.)

thanks,
Homi

G Henslee August 15th 05 11:16 PM

gd226 wrote:
I have a small foyer with exposed concrete board.
the previous owner had left it exposed, and apparently had
a litter box there, so the concrete board now smells of cat urine.

My question is how to remove the concrete board.
(It's been mortared into place.)

thanks,
Homi

Over a slab? Shouldn't have even been used for that application. Use a
flat bar. Over a wood subfloor? With nails or screws too? Screws
you may be able ot back out. Nails you can pull. Again a flat bar.

Won't be an easy chore either way.

James \Cubby\ Culbertson August 15th 05 11:17 PM

If I understand correctly, this board was set in morter horizontally on a
concrete slab?
Either way, I'd go at it with a chisel and hammer.
Cheers,
cc

ups.com...

gd226 August 15th 05 11:41 PM

It looks like over a slab, but I haven't really begun to chip at it
yet.

if it is a slab, will the cat urine odor have affected that too?

G Henslee August 16th 05 03:29 PM

gd226 wrote:
It looks like over a slab, but I haven't really begun to chip at it
yet.

if it is a slab, will the cat urine odor have affected that too?

I wouldn't trust it thinsetted down to the slab. It's not designed for
that application. It may fail, and sadly -after- you have the finish
flooring installed over it.

There may some affect to the slab but I doubt it's much. Clean it
with bleach or other products made for the issue.