Rald

Default distance btw dryer exhaust and AC compressor

Does anyone have an air conditioning operating manual or other source
of info with a minimum recommended distance between a clothes dryer
exhaust vent and the housing for the AC compressor?

I would like to move dryer to an external wall (instead of venting to
garage), but I don't want lint clogging up the air intake on the
outside AC unit. I clean the outside AC unit once per year (TN), but I
am not sure how well lint can be removed if it starts blocking the air
intake.

I'm not aware of a manufacturer's recommendation about separation
between exhausts & compressors. You could find the manufacturer's web
site and e-mail the question.

Even so, I agree that lint can be a problem.
What about extending the exhost to the ground so it catches there?
TB

Stretch

I have seen this problem before. I would go at least 10 feet, more if
it is windy in your area. Unless the prevailing wind would blow the
lint away from the condensor.

Stretch

Carolina Breeze HVAC

"Rald" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone have an air conditioning operating manual or other source
of info with a minimum recommended distance between a clothes dryer
exhaust vent and the housing for the AC compressor?

I would like to move dryer to an external wall (instead of venting to
garage), but I don't want lint clogging up the air intake on the
outside AC unit. I clean the outside AC unit once per year (TN), but I
am not sure how well lint can be removed if it starts blocking the air
intake.

Simple...

As far as possible.

installing a bathroom exhaust vent through brick facade Chris Jung Home Repair 2 July 21st 05 10:51 AM
dryer vent location John Home Repair 7 June 14th 05 04:31 AM
Dryer Exhaust Venting Tip Jeff Wisnia Home Repair 5 May 18th 05 04:33 PM
Bathroom Exhaust Fans to barry martin Home Repair 0 June 19th 04 06:24 PM
Bathroom exhaust fan and dryer fan [email protected] Home Ownership 1 September 4th 03 06:03 PM