Default resilient flooring for heated floor

We are building a studio, about 850 sq ft and plan to install under
floor heat (Hot water in PEX tubing). The subfloor is 3/4 TIG OSB.
The resident artist expects to be on her feet a lot and would like the
flooring to be soft to walk and stand on. Would anyone suggest a good
flooring material that: 1. Is easy on the feet and legs for long
periods of standing. 2. Can stand the heat expansion and contraction
(water temp to be limited to 90 degrees). 3. Is a good conductor of
the heat. 4. Does not cost as much as the Marmoleum we first looked
at (Installed price above $14/sq.ft. Granted part of that high cost was
to do it in a design rather than a single color. Also, I looked at
some Marmoleum installs and was disappointed in the color difference
where the heat welded strip joined the sheets. I'll add one other
desire. 5. If we could find a solution that came in a click or tile
install, I could install it myself and save a bundle. Sorry to come up
with som many conditions, but I would appreciate and comments and/or
ideas.

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
We are building a studio, about 850 sq ft and plan to install under
floor heat (Hot water in PEX tubing). The subfloor is 3/4 TIG OSB.
The resident artist expects to be on her feet a lot and would like the
flooring to be soft to walk and stand on.

Anything that is soft to walk on will also be a good insulator. To make
something soft, it is generally foamed or aerated, thus increasing the
insulation value.

Of course, soft is a relative term. Wood is softer and easier on the feet
that concrete. Depending on the intended use, I'd consider some well placed
anti fatigue mats, but this is if you will be in a 3 x 5 or 6 x 6 area or
group of areas. Doing the entire floor will insulate too much.

Home Depot Flooring Geoff Woodworking 13 June 8th 05 09:23 PM
Laminate flooring doorjamb trick Backlash Home Repair 0 May 7th 05 01:27 PM
How to repair an uneven concrete subfloor? poofy Home Repair 18 April 19th 05 04:17 PM
Advice please on flooring project [long] David W.E. Roberts UK diy 1 March 17th 05 02:36 PM
Cork flooring (was Travertine tile for floor?) LD Home Ownership 3 February 9th 04 12:13 AM