Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
We are building a studio, about 850 sq ft and plan to install under
floor heat (Hot water in PEX tubing). The subfloor is 3/4 TIG OSB.
The resident artist expects to be on her feet a lot and would like the
flooring to be soft to walk and stand on.

Anything that is soft to walk on will also be a good insulator. To make
something soft, it is generally foamed or aerated, thus increasing the
insulation value.

Of course, soft is a relative term. Wood is softer and easier on the feet
that concrete. Depending on the intended use, I'd consider some well placed
anti fatigue mats, but this is if you will be in a 3 x 5 or 6 x 6 area or
group of areas. Doing the entire floor will insulate too much.