Whatsamatteru

Default Intercom replacement opinions, please ....

Hello,

I have an old NuTone IM2003 intercom system that I got when I bought my
17 year old home. There are 13 remotes including door and pool deck.
The intercom part actually works to a degree; the radio part does not.
I don't really need an intercom system but it bothers me that it
doesn't work well and I guess it is kinda nice to have as this is a
fairly large home. It's also ugly - the intercom, that is.

So I'm looking at some replacement options:

It's a 3-wire system so I'm looking at the NuTone IMA3303.

M&S' DMC3-4 which is designed to replace NuTone's 3-wire intercoms.

Both of these have similar features. The M&S is a bit more expensive.
I've heard NuTone has had reliability issues; are they building them
any better these days?

I'm really interested in a wireless solution, but I don't know of any
that have master and remote stations that mount in the wall like the
wired intercoms.

Anyway, all suggestions/opinions welcome.

TIA

Percival P. Cassidy

Our Sony cordless phone system doubles as a wireless intercom but has a
limit of four remotes.

Other cordless phone systems may be less restricted, but 13 stations
would get rather expensive. Also the charging stands are typically
designed to stand on a horizontal surface, not for wall mounting.

OTOH, if each *person* has a remote (carrying it to wherever s/he is
going to be for a significant period of time) instead of having remotes
in a large number of *places*, that might be a solution

Perce

On 08/09/05 01:16 pm Whatsamatteru tossed the following ingredients into
the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

[...]

Tony Mordenski

"Whatsamatteru" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Ihave had the Nutone 3303 for about 5 or 6 years. Has been flawless. Run
satellite audio through it also. I don't use the intercom much but I like
being able to answer the door from anywhere in the house including the
bathrooms.

Opinions on HDepot replacement windows ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy Home Repair 4 June 10th 05 09:15 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
a home intercom system Power Cat Home Repair 10 October 22nd 04 05:45 PM
New Construction vs Replacement Windows? Jeremy Robbins Home Repair 3 September 22nd 04 03:10 PM
Intercom doesn't work with new thermostat Barb Home Repair 6 July 7th 04 04:09 AM