MC

Default Weird septic tank refill

check to make sure you do not have a toliet running after a flush or other
leaking faucets, etc.

"tm" wrote in message
Doug Warner wrote:

Here's one for the twilight zone..

Saturday, July 23, 2005. I discover water percolating from the ground
where my 20-year-old septic tank is.

[...]

The really strange thing is that the 100 gallon tank is full again,
just up to the bottom of the outlet. By my calculator, that's about
115 gallons extra per day.

Theories:

Your tank is cracked. You now have an artesian well.

Drifter

---snip------
The really strange thing is that the 100 gallon tank is full again,
just up to the bottom of the outlet. By my calculator, that's about
115 gallons extra per day.

I grew up in an old farmhouse and we had a similar problem. In the
end we found that the old concrete tank had cracked and groundwater
was pushing it's way into the tank, filling it pretty rapidly and
causing all sorts of trouble in the house.

In our case the only solution was to dig up the old tank and put a new
one in place. I'm hoping that you don't have to do the same as it
isn't cheap.

Drifter
"I've been here, I've been there..."

Septic tank questions 1_Patriotic_Guy Home Repair 2 March 31st 05 03:40 PM
cheap water tank needed ! TURTLE Home Repair 23 March 10th 05 12:22 PM
septic tank replacement TonyK UK diy 41 February 11th 05 10:25 AM
Driving truck over septic tank???? joe Home Ownership 2 January 30th 05 10:58 PM
preparing a propane tank for reusal .. pix Grant Erwin Metalworking 5 January 26th 05 05:54 PM