Default Questions Website Company Promotion

Hello:

I'm hoping that I'm posting this message in the right group.

Anyway, I am starting a website business that is specifically for
contractors, builders, etc. in Pinellas County, Florida.

Have a couple of questions regarding working with--possibly--certain
companies that are supply companies--whether they are as big as DuPont,
Home Depot...or if such big brand names or companies aren't realistic
to start with...than perhaps a smaller company, perhaps:

My first quetion is, is there a way to get funding from a supply
company that sells supplies to builders, considering I would be helping
to promote builders and thus creating more business for them and
therefore for the supply companies (that supply them with materials).
I've heard of one company that supposedly used this method. Would
anybody know if this really happens or not?

My second question is, is there a good way to request being linked on a
suppliers website. If not with a big national corporation, a local
company within the vicinity of Pinellas County, Florida? If so, what
company? What would thier website be?

As many people know I am hit with a lot of competition and the odds
seem very much against what I am trying to do. I would appreciate very
much any feedback to help answer the questions above.

Thanks very much in advanced for any response.

Pop

My personal opinion, and that's all it is, is that you
are not ready to start this effort yet, based on your
questions and lack of important information. I'd
advise starting by doing a lot more research on small
businesses from the sound of your posting, and include
such places as SBA and others.

Start small and stay there until you are confident of
the rest of what you know.

HTH,

Pop

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
My first quetion is, is there a way to get funding from a supply
company that sells supplies to builders, considering I would be helping
to promote builders and thus creating more business for them and
therefore for the supply companies (that supply them with materials).
I've heard of one company that supposedly used this method. Would
anybody know if this really happens or not?

Advertising possibly, but funding to get started is doubtful.

My second question is, is there a good way to request being linked on a
suppliers website. If not with a big national corporation, a local
company within the vicinity of Pinellas County, Florida? If so, what
company? What would thier website be?

I have links on my non-commercial web page. I've been asked by a few people
to link their sites, but I've refused. unless I'v actually used a product
or dealt with a company, I'm not going to risk my reputation to advance some
commercial site. Most companies won't link to an individual unless they too
fall into certain catagores and have a good reputation. Take a look at the
sites you want your link to appear. Do they show others? If they don't, my
guess is they will not link you either.

As many people know I am hit with a lot of competition and the odds
seem very much against what I am trying to do. I would appreciate very
much any feedback to help answer the questions above.

If the odds are that tough, find another way to make a living.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

EXT

Been there done that, doing it now. We are in our 8th year. Companies won't
sponsor you unless, you are the best out there, you don't disparage them,
you have a track record, know what you are talking about and they can get
something out of it too.

We sell ads from the smallest internet retailer through to large
conglomerates. A few provide support to ensure that we don't fold. Most now
provide links to our site. Like any new business it is a daily struggle but
rewarding. Be prepared to carry the site yourself for the first few years
until your reputation makes you or kills you. You will need to get up to at
least a million page views per month to generate any interest or revenue.
Keep it up.