Pop

My personal opinion, and that's all it is, is that you
are not ready to start this effort yet, based on your
questions and lack of important information. I'd
advise starting by doing a lot more research on small
businesses from the sound of your posting, and include
such places as SBA and others.

Start small and stay there until you are confident of
the rest of what you know.

HTH,

Pop

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello:

I'm hoping that I'm posting this message in the right
group.

Anyway, I am starting a website business that is
specifically for
contractors, builders, etc. in Pinellas County,
Florida.

Have a couple of questions regarding working
with--possibly--certain
companies that are supply companies--whether they are
as big as DuPont,
Home Depot...or if such big brand names or companies
aren't realistic
to start with...than perhaps a smaller company,
perhaps:

My first quetion is, is there a way to get funding
from a supply
company that sells supplies to builders, considering
I would be helping
to promote builders and thus creating more business
for them and
therefore for the supply companies (that supply them
with materials).
I've heard of one company that supposedly used this
method. Would
anybody know if this really happens or not?

My second question is, is there a good way to request
being linked on a
suppliers website. If not with a big national
corporation, a local
company within the vicinity of Pinellas County,
Florida? If so, what
company? What would thier website be?

As many people know I am hit with a lot of
competition and the odds
seem very much against what I am trying to do. I
would appreciate very
much any feedback to help answer the questions above.

Thanks very much in advanced for any response.