Sasha

Default Fixing running toilet

I have 2 years old high end Kohler toilet with Flushmaster flashing
system. The toilet is in basement bath pumped by a sewage ejector pump.
The water from the toilet tank drips to the bowl, ejector pump triggers
every a couple hours or so. The problem is that it is almost impossible
to see water running into the bow, I wouldn't even know that if the
pump didn't run or bowl didn't refill. Maybe when water level drops or
rises to a certain level in the tank water starts running down the
bowl. To me the flashing system looks OK, I didn't find any problem. I
turned the toilet water off and later I saw that the water level was
about 4" below the regular water level. What can be wrong and how to
fix this?

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Sasha wrote:
I have 2 years old high end Kohler toilet with Flushmaster flashing
system. The toilet is in basement bath pumped by a sewage ejector pump.
The water from the toilet tank drips to the bowl, ejector pump triggers
every a couple hours or so. The problem is that it is almost impossible
to see water running into the bow, I wouldn't even know that if the
pump didn't run or bowl didn't refill. Maybe when water level drops or
rises to a certain level in the tank water starts running down the
bowl. To me the flashing system looks OK, I didn't find any problem. I
turned the toilet water off and later I saw that the water level was
about 4" below the regular water level. What can be wrong and how to
fix this?

It's probably leaking through the big flapper valve in the bottom of the tank.
Clean around the porcelain edges and feel for defects in either that surface or
that of the flapper itself. If it is the flapper, you can buy a replacement at
any borg or hardware store for a couple of bucks. There's nothing to replacing
one.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Jeff

I had a similar problem with a Kohler toilet. I replaced the flapper twice
but the toilet still leaked.... The problem was in the gasket between the
flapper seat and the porcelain. I found out about this problem reading in a
Kohler newsgroup. It seems that several models of Kohler toilets have this
gasket problem. The Koehler dealer acknowledged this defect when I ordered a
replacement gasket. It was like oh yea, those things are always going bad,
Kohler shipped me a replacement for free.

Jeff

"Sasha" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have 2 years old high end Kohler toilet with Flushmaster flashing
system. The toilet is in basement bath pumped by a sewage ejector pump.
The water from the toilet tank drips to the bowl, ejector pump triggers
every a couple hours or so. The problem is that it is almost impossible
to see water running into the bow, I wouldn't even know that if the
pump didn't run or bowl didn't refill. Maybe when water level drops or
rises to a certain level in the tank water starts running down the
bowl. To me the flashing system looks OK, I didn't find any problem. I
turned the toilet water off and later I saw that the water level was
about 4" below the regular water level. What can be wrong and how to
fix this?

Nick Hull

In article ,
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote:

Sasha wrote:
[...]

It wouldn't hurt to turn the toilet completely off to make sure the
problem isn't somewhere else

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/