HerHusband

Default Keeping moths away from covered porch?

We have a 6'x24' covered porch with our main entry door in the back corner
of the porch. Unfortunately, moths, mosquitos, and other flying insects
like to hang out under the porch and come flying into the house every time
we open the door.

Is there anything we can do to reduce the insect concentrations around the
porch area? (We do not want screens).

Thanks,

Anthony
Doug Kanter

Dark curtains on the windows which face the porch, or turn off all the light
in the house. And, no porch light. If you need light for the steps, pick up
a small solar light just to accent the steps for safety.

Otherwise, reconsider screens.

"HerHusband" wrote in message
We have a 6'x24' covered porch with our main entry door in the back corner
of the porch. Unfortunately, moths, mosquitos, and other flying insects
like to hang out under the porch and come flying into the house every time
we open the door.

Is there anything we can do to reduce the insect concentrations around the
porch area? (We do not want screens).

Thanks,

Anthony

No

At my house this is most problematic at night. We keep the porch light off
whenever possible and also keeping off interior lights near the door helps
too. Please post if you find a better solution.

"HerHusband" wrote in message
We have a 6'x24' covered porch with our main entry door in the back corner
of the porch. Unfortunately, moths, mosquitos, and other flying insects
like to hang out under the porch and come flying into the house every time
we open the door.

Is there anything we can do to reduce the insect concentrations around the
porch area? (We do not want screens).

Thanks,

Anthony

Ulysses

"No" wrote in message ...
At my house this is most problematic at night. We keep the porch light off
whenever possible and also keeping off interior lights near the door helps
too. Please post if you find a better solution.

"HerHusband" wrote in message
We have a 6'x24' covered porch with our main entry door in the back

corner
of the porch. Unfortunately, moths, mosquitos, and other flying insects
like to hang out under the porch and come flying into the house every

time
we open the door.

Is there anything we can do to reduce the insect concentrations around

the
porch area? (We do not want screens).

Thanks,

Anthony

I've always wondered why they ALWAYS put the porch light right next to the
door so all the bugs are there when you open the door. Seems like it ought
to be about 10 feet away or so.

Doug Kanter

"Ulysses" wrote in message

"No" wrote in message
[...]

Same knuckleheads who remove all the trees 3 acres away from your house "so
the equipment can have gooder access". Duh.

Norminn

HerHusband wrote:
We have a 6'x24' covered porch with our main entry door in the back corner
of the porch. Unfortunately, moths, mosquitos, and other flying insects
like to hang out under the porch and come flying into the house every time
we open the door.

Is there anything we can do to reduce the insect concentrations around the
porch area? (We do not want screens).

Thanks,

Anthony

Put the light on a motion detector so that it is not on all the time.

~^Johnny^~

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
Norminn

HerHusband wrote:
We have a 6'x24' covered porch with our main entry door in the back corner
of the porch. Unfortunately, moths, mosquitos, and other flying insects
like to hang out under the porch and come flying into the house every time
we open the door.

Is there anything we can do to reduce the insect concentrations around the
porch area? (We do not want screens).

Thanks,

Anthony

If there is water or debris collecting under the porch, it should be
removed. Can you screen the area under the porch to keep critters out?
Clearing bushes/plants may help as well.