DesignGuy

Default Repairing drywall tape peeling on covered porch

I've got a covered porch with a ceiling I will be re-painting this spring.
However in several spots the drywall tape has either bubbled up or started
to peel back.

Is there a fairly simple technique to fix this that won't look bad when
repainted?

TIA

G Henslee

JK wrote:
I'm not an expert, but what I've done is cut the peeling or bubbling tape,
retape, and then remud.

That is as expert as it gets.

"DesignGuy" wrote in message

I've got a covered porch with a ceiling I will be re-painting this spring.
However in several spots the drywall tape has either bubbled up or started
to peel back.

Is there a fairly simple technique to fix this that won't look bad when
repainted?

TIA

RicodJour

DesignGuy wrote:
I've got a covered porch with a ceiling I will be re-painting this

spring.
However in several spots the drywall tape has either bubbled up or

started
to peel back.

Is there a fairly simple technique to fix this that won't look bad

when
repainted?

Cutting back and retaping as others have said is standard. More to the
point - why is the tape failing? In exterior applications fiberglass
mesh tape and setting-type joint compound are mandatory in my opinion.

John Willis

On 4 Apr 2005 15:16:47 -0700, "RicodJour"
scribbled this interesting note:

DesignGuy wrote:
I've got a covered porch with a ceiling I will be re-painting this

spring.
However in several spots the drywall tape has either bubbled up or

started
to peel back.

Is there a fairly simple technique to fix this that won't look bad

when
repainted?

Cutting back and retaping as others have said is standard. More to the
point - why is the tape failing? In exterior applications fiberglass
mesh tape and setting-type joint compound are mandatory in my opinion.

If it is sheetrock, why was it used in an exterior application?

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)