Doug Kanter

"Ulysses" wrote in message

"No" wrote in message
At my house this is most problematic at night. We keep the porch light
off
whenever possible and also keeping off interior lights near the door
helps
too. Please post if you find a better solution.

"HerHusband" wrote in message
We have a 6'x24' covered porch with our main entry door in the back

corner
of the porch. Unfortunately, moths, mosquitos, and other flying insects
like to hang out under the porch and come flying into the house every

time
we open the door.

Is there anything we can do to reduce the insect concentrations around

the
porch area? (We do not want screens).

Thanks,

Anthony

I've always wondered why they ALWAYS put the porch light right next to the
door so all the bugs are there when you open the door. Seems like it
ought
to be about 10 feet away or so.

Same knuckleheads who remove all the trees 3 acres away from your house "so
the equipment can have gooder access". Duh.