Default Anderson windows, difficult to replace glass?

I broke the glass in a ~30 year old Andersen casement window.
Can I replace the glass myself, or do I need to replace the
entire sash? There are some rubber tabs on the inside of the
sash that I don't know what the function is -- I removed one
of them and they don't seem to do anything. The glass is embedded
in the sash such that it doesn't seem possible to take it out by
removing the glazing as in other windows. It would be much cheaper
for me to replace the glass only if that is possible. Thanks,

--
Jeff

JohnR66

wrote in message
oups.com...
I broke the glass in a ~30 year old Andersen casement window.
Can I replace the glass myself, or do I need to replace the
entire sash? There are some rubber tabs on the inside of the
sash that I don't know what the function is -- I removed one
of them and they don't seem to do anything. The glass is embedded
in the sash such that it doesn't seem possible to take it out by
removing the glazing as in other windows. It would be much cheaper
for me to replace the glass only if that is possible. Thanks,

--
Jeff

My parent's home is almost as old. They had a unit fog and had to order a
replacement from Anderson. It too had a vinyl rim around the insulating
glass unit that is glued to it. Unless someone has copied it, you have to go
to Anderson.
John