Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

James

Default Hurd v. Anderson Windows??

Can anyone compare the quality of the Hurd and Anderson windows? I am in
the market for double hung, tilt windows.

Thanks for any comments !!!

--James--

clintonG

Some apples are designed better than others. A few general principles of
quality...

Are the frame members unititized or mitered and joined together from smaller
pieces?

Are the frames stapled or mitered at the corners? Miters are better and more
of them indicates stronger joints.

Look at the section cut through a frame. Which vendor if either is using a
continuous condensation channel? The glass will rest on shims and the
channel should be continuous around the entire inside perimeter of the
frame.

%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

"James" wrote in message

Can anyone compare the quality of the Hurd and Anderson windows? I am
in
the market for double hung, tilt windows.

Thanks for any comments !!!

--James--

Mellowed

I missed the first part of this post. However, I just installed Weather
Shield windows on my own house after looking at other brands such as
Anderson. Whatever the final choice, this product should be reviewed.
http://www.weathershield.com/wshield/index.asp

"clintonG" wrote in
message ...
:
: Are the frame members unititized or mitered and joined together from
smaller
: pieces?
:
: Are the frames stapled or mitered at the corners? Miters are better
and more
: of them indicates stronger joints.
:
: Look at the section cut through a frame. Which vendor if either is
using a
: continuous condensation channel? The glass will rest on shims and the
: channel should be continuous around the entire inside perimeter of the
: frame.
:
: %= Clinton Gallagher
: METROmilwaukee (sm) "A Regional Information Service"
: NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
: URL http://metromilwaukee.com/
: URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
: "BP" wrote in message
: ...
: Apples to apples, they are equals. That is, if both windows are
ordered
: with the same features the quality is equal.
:
: "James" wrote in message
: ...
:
:
: Can anyone compare the quality of the Hurd and Anderson windows?
I am
: in
: the market for double hung, tilt windows.
:
: Thanks for any comments !!!
:
: --James--
:
:
:
:
:
:

Oscar_Lives

Colby Co windows are the best you can buy.

"Mellowed" wrote in message
nk.net...

[...]

: "BP" wrote in message
: ...
: Apples to apples, they are equals. That is, if both windows are
ordered
: with the same features the quality is equal.
:
: "James" wrote in message
: ...
:
:
: Can anyone compare the quality of the Hurd and Anderson windows?
I am
: in
: the market for double hung, tilt windows.
:
: Thanks for any comments !!!
:
: --James--
:
:
:
:
:
:

BP

No, BP's Wicked ****a windows are the best you can buy.

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
Colby Co windows are the best you can buy.

"Mellowed" wrote in message
nk.net...

[...]

: "BP" wrote in message
: ...
: Apples to apples, they are equals. That is, if both windows are
ordered
: with the same features the quality is equal.
:
: "James" wrote in message
: ...
:
:
: Can anyone compare the quality of the Hurd and Anderson windows?
I am
: in
: the market for double hung, tilt windows.
:
: Thanks for any comments !!!
:
: --James--
:
:
:
:
:
:

3D Peruna

BP wrote:
No, BP's Wicked ****a windows are the best you can buy.

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message

Colby Co windows are the best you can buy.

"Mellowed" wrote in message
link.net...

I missed the first part of this post. However, I just installed Weather
Shield windows on my own house after looking at other brands such as
Anderson. Whatever the final choice, this product should be reviewed.
http://www.weathershield.com/wshield/index.asp

MS Windows have security problems and can leak quite a bit...

I just use some 2x4's and some plastic wrap. Cant beat the
price and I can brag about it being custom made.
If I want to open the window I just punch a hole right through it.
Close it up at night?? Just staple in some more plastic wrap.
I never even have to clean the windows EVER!

LOL

On a more serious note, Andersons or Pella have decent windows.
Just make sure you get the ones that are good e-rating and you
should be fine.

Andrew Duane

I have both in my house, and they are quite similar feature and
efficiency wise. The Anderson's have somewhat better mechanicals (mine
are casements) and smoother operation. They were also somewhat more
expensive.

I don't think the difference is huge.

James

Thanks to all for the several replies to this question !!

I will look forward to any other comments/ experiences, comparing Hurd to
Anderson windows.

--James--