blueman

Default Heat shrink alternative when tube won't work...

Is there an equivalent of heat shrink tubing for wrapping a wire that
is already spliced so that you can't fit a tube over it.

i.e. is there something like a "slit" tube that you can wrap around a
wire and then when you heat it, it both shrinks and seals?

Thanks
badgolferman

blueman, 7/24/2005, 10:38:09 PM, wrote:

Is there an equivalent of heat shrink tubing for wrapping a wire that
is already spliced so that you can't fit a tube over it.

i.e. is there something like a "slit" tube that you can wrap around a
wire and then when you heat it, it both shrinks and seals?

Thanks

Electrical tape?
How about resplicing it with shrink tubing already in place?
Can you slide shrink tubing from one of the other ends?

--
"I miss. I miss. I miss. I make."
Seve Ballesteros describing his four-putt at Augusta's No. 16 in 1988.
FDR

"blueman" wrote in message
Is there an equivalent of heat shrink tubing for wrapping a wire that
is already spliced so that you can't fit a tube over it.

i.e. is there something like a "slit" tube that you can wrap around a
wire and then when you heat it, it both shrinks and seals?

Thanks

There's heat shrink tubing that has adhesive on the inside walls. I suppose
you could cut that type of tubing and wrap it around the wire and try to
seal it that way.

TURTLE

"blueman" wrote in message
Is there an equivalent of heat shrink tubing for wrapping a wire that
is already spliced so that you can't fit a tube over it.

i.e. is there something like a "slit" tube that you can wrap around a
wire and then when you heat it, it both shrinks and seals?

Thanks

There is no cheap fix without resplicing the wires with heat shrink in place.

Now you can get a pour rubber covering to put the wires in the plastic open case
and then mix up the rubber compound to pour in the plastic form to insulate all
the wires or just one at a time. Now these kits sell for about $20.00 a each and
may not be worth it.

TURTLE

CC

"blueman" wrote in message
Is there an equivalent of heat shrink tubing for wrapping a wire that
is already spliced so that you can't fit a tube over it.

i.e. is there something like a "slit" tube that you can wrap around a
wire and then when you heat it, it both shrinks and seals?

Thanks

There is a rubber type liquid that comes in a can you dip tool handles into
to make an insulated covering for. After dipping you pull the tool handle
out and let the excess drip off back into the can and then let it dry. Maybe
you could separate the wires and dip them into this. Do not know how much it
will insulate though. You'd have to find the product and read the properties
on the can label. It should be easy to find on the net with a little
searching or maybe even at one of the box stores.
Chuck

~^Johnny^~

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 02:38:09 GMT, blueman wrote:

Is there an equivalent of heat shrink tubing for wrapping a wire that
is already spliced so that you can't fit a tube over it.

i.e. is there something like a "slit" tube that you can wrap around a
wire and then when you heat it, it both shrinks and seals?

Thanks

How about heat shrink tape?

http://snipurl.com/gh8p

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
Jmagerl

There is also a silicone tape you can use. it stretches and than fuses to
itself. I've seen it at Radio Shack and Ace hardware.
http://www.mocap.com/silicone_tape.asp

"blueman" wrote in message
Is there an equivalent of heat shrink tubing for wrapping a wire that
is already spliced so that you can't fit a tube over it.

i.e. is there something like a "slit" tube that you can wrap around a
wire and then when you heat it, it both shrinks and seals?

Thanks

Tekkie®

blueman posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Is there an equivalent of heat shrink tubing for wrapping a wire that
is already spliced so that you can't fit a tube over it.

i.e. is there something like a "slit" tube that you can wrap around a
wire and then when you heat it, it both shrinks and seals?

Thanks

Hey Jeffy still not doing any research on your own are you. Still can't use google aye?
Still on your meds?
--

Tekkie

blueman

Tekkie® writes:
blueman posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Is there an equivalent of heat shrink tubing for wrapping a wire that
is already spliced so that you can't fit a tube over it.

i.e. is there something like a "slit" tube that you can wrap around a
wire and then when you heat it, it both shrinks and seals?

Thanks

Hey Jeffy still not doing any research on your own are you. Still can't use google aye?
Still on your meds?
--

Tekkie

Can you spell asshole?
What a dumbass! The purpose of this group is to find answers to
questions that are not easily found elsewhere. If I knew to Google for
the answer (seems like "silicon tape") then obviously I wouldn't have
to ask here.

I guess being an unemployed and uneducated asshole gives you a lot of
time and motive to contribute useless posts.
blueman

Tekkie® writes:
Hey Jeffy still not doing any research on your own are you. Still can't use google aye?
Still on your meds?
--

Tekkie

For those of you unaware of Tekie's total inability to contribute
anything useful to the newsgroup, allow me (and excuse me for)
reposting the last 7 or so UNEDITED FULL POSTINGS by Tekkie. What a
waste of bandwidth!

1. Offtopic: Message-ID:
Only to each other...
--

Tekkie
2. Unhelpful: Message-ID:

It is: so google it groups.google.com

You are welcome!
--

Tekkie

3. Off-topic: Message-ID:

Well, at least you didn't try to hide it.

This is a ****ty subject...
--

Tekkie

4. Off-topic: Message-ID:

No ****!
--

Tekkie

5. Unelpful: Message-ID:

Breathe deep VERY deep - purify the air.
--

Tekkie

6. Nonsensical: Message-ID:

BWAAAAA nooooooooooooooooooooo
--

Tekkie

7. Unhelpful: Message-ID:

Maybe
--

Tekkie

\Tekkie/
\|||/
(o o)
,----ooO--(_)-------.
| Please |
| don't feed the |
| TROLL's ! |
'--------------Ooo--'
|__|__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo
Pop

"blueman" wrote in message
Tekkie® writes:
Hey Jeffy still not doing any research on your own
are you. Still can't use google aye?
Still on your meds?
--

Tekkie

For those of you unaware of Tekie's total inability
to contribute
anything useful to the newsgroup, allow me (and
excuse me for)
reposting the last 7 or so UNEDITED FULL POSTINGS by
Tekkie. What a
waste of bandwidth!

And so is your post. There's two names I won't bother
to read now instead of just the one.

Pop

Pop

"blueman" wrote in message
Tekkie® writes:
[...]

Umm, ignore it and it'll go away. I plan to ignore you
after tonite too as a matter of fact.

Tekkie®

blueman posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.=20

Tekkie=AE writes:
blueman posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.=20
=20
Is there an equivalent of heat shrink tubing for wrapping a wire that
is already spliced so that you can't fit a tube over it.
=20
i.e. is there something like a "slit" tube that you can wrap around a
wire and then when you heat it, it both shrinks and seals?
=20
Thanks
=20

Hey Jeffy still not doing any research on your own are you. Still can'=

t use google aye?=20
Still on your meds?
--=20
=20
Tekkie

=20
Can you spell asshole?
What a dumbass! The purpose of this group is to find answers to
questions that are not easily found elsewhere. If I knew to Google for
the answer (seems like "silicon tape") then obviously I wouldn't have
to ask here.
=20
I guess being an unemployed and uneducated asshole gives you a lot of
time and motive to contribute useless posts.
=20

BWAAAAAA not everyone is like you bluejob. Don't internalize your present =
conditions as=20
everyone else's being the same... Gee and I even gave you a modicum of res=
pect but you=20
bluejob that too. Fight back with self destructive and your usual bipolar =
behaviour. I=20
thought your meds had you under control. Uh oh, full moon.

If anyone is familiar with bluejob here he is a mentally challenged person =
that cannot=20
form a rational thought and consequentially input that into a search engine=
such as=20
Google where it has been answered previously. He blurts out the most basic=
questions on=20
these groups expecting everyone to immediately answer him with his predeter=
mined=20
thoughts. Any challenge is taken as a personal insult. In other words if =
he doesn't=20
think your answer fits in his scheme of things he blasts you. He has previ=
ously=20
bombarded my email with crass and illegal messages. I turned the other che=
ek and thought=20
I was getting him help from the local mental health professionals that he n=
eeds to combat=20
his bipolar illness.

Pop try to help this individual. Do your own search under his many alias' =
such this=20
bluejob - jeffey kozowlski or something. perhaps he will listen to you.
--=20

Tekkie

blueman

Tekkie® writes:
BWAAAAAA not everyone is like you bluejob. Don't internalize your present conditions as
everyone else's being the same... Gee and I even gave you a modicum of respect but you
bluejob that too. Fight back with self destructive and your usual bipolar behaviour. I
thought your meds had you under control. Uh oh, full moon.

If anyone is familiar with bluejob here he is a mentally challenged person that cannot
form a rational thought and consequentially input that into a search engine such as
Google where it has been answered previously. He blurts out the most basic questions on
these groups expecting everyone to immediately answer him with his predetermined
thoughts. Any challenge is taken as a personal insult. In other words if he doesn't
think your answer fits in his scheme of things he blasts you.

YAWN... Do you really have nothing better to do with your time than to
write this psychotic drivel... TROLL

He has previously bombarded my email with crass and illegal
messages. I turned the other cheek and thought

I have challenged you before to produce these alleged "crass and
illegal" emails... but of course what doesn't exist can't be
produced.

Tekkie®

Tekkie=AE writes:
[...]

think your answer fits in his scheme of things he blasts you. =20

=20
YAWN... Do you really have nothing better to do with your time than to
write this psychotic drivel... TROLL
=20
He has previously bombarded my email with crass and illegal
messages. I turned the other cheek and thought =20

=20
I have challenged you before to produce these alleged "crass and
illegal" emails... but of course what doesn't exist can't be
produced.
=20
=20

Jeffey you never gave me written permission to post them.

hey Jeffy figure out Google yet? Maybe get some info on those meds.
--=20

Tekkie

heat pump/secondary propane furnace questions JohnW Home Ownership 11 January 28th 05 01:50 PM
Will A 3 Ton Air Handler Work With A 2 1/2 Ton Heat Pump? Ron Home Repair 9 January 15th 05 04:49 AM
Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 12:22 AM
Query: Legality of Electrical work Peter UK diy 36 May 23rd 04 12:13 AM
heat exchanger calculations Ed Sirett UK diy 2 July 19th 03 12:49 AM