Konyoman

Default materials to re-grade soil around foundation

I have had some leaking in my basement and want to re-grade the soil around
my house...Currently, it is just grass that slopes toward my foundation.

I have heard that simply using limestone screenings will do the trick... Is
this correct or do I need a base of sand and then screenings?

How wide should I make the elevation away from the house?

Thanks

Joseph Meehan

Konyoman wrote:
I have had some leaking in my basement and want to re-grade the soil
around my house...Currently, it is just grass that slopes toward my
foundation.
I have heard that simply using limestone screenings will do the
trick... Is this correct or do I need a base of sand and then
screenings?
How wide should I make the elevation away from the house?

Thanks

I would guess that comment about sand and limestone was based on the
assumption that you were going to place a drain there.

Assuming you are re-grading to proved a proper surface drainage away
from the foundation of your home, then I suggest a high clay type soil would
be best.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit