Brandon Herlein

Default Cleaning Cement

How would you suggext cleaning cement in the basement to get it ready to
paint. pets have been in the basement and they have went to the bathroom on
the floor and now we want to clean it deeply and then paint the floor. what
do you all suggest?
Thanks

Ken

Brandon Herlein wrote:
How would you suggext cleaning cement in the basement to get it ready to
paint. pets have been in the basement and they have went to the bathroom on
the floor and now we want to clean it deeply and then paint the floor. what
do you all suggest?
Thanks

TSP TriSodium Phosphate
Joseph Meehan

Brandon Herlein wrote:
How would you suggext cleaning cement in the basement to get it ready
to paint. pets have been in the basement and they have went to the
bathroom on the floor and now we want to clean it deeply and then
paint the floor. what do you all suggest?
Thanks

TSP is a great cleaner for cement, but it is not available in all areas.
The DIY stores will have other products marked for cleaning concrete. Most
are OK, but if you have TSP available in your area, I suggest using it. Be
careful. Also do a good job. The results you get will be directly related
to how well you do the cleaning. Do it half way and you would be better off
not doing anything.

Be sure to use a paint that is marketed for painting concreter floors.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

TURTLE

"Brandon Herlein" wrote in message
How would you suggext cleaning cement in the basement to get it ready to
paint. pets have been in the basement and they have went to the bathroom on
the floor and now we want to clean it deeply and then paint the floor. what do
you all suggest?
Thanks

This is Turtle

Any Concrete cleaner with Meritic acid in it . Now first use soap like Caster
Cleaner from Walmart , you know the purple soap in a 1 gal jug. This is cut the
grease and the the Concrete cleaner will cut deep to clean it.

TURTLE

Pop

This is Turtle

Any Concrete cleaner with Meritic acid in it . Now
first use soap like Caster Cleaner from Walmart , you
know the purple soap in a 1 gal jug. This is cut the
grease and the the Concrete cleaner will cut deep to
clean it.

TURTLE

Yup, good advice. Only, it's mUratic acid, not mEritic.
NBD unless you have to find it by name on a list or
something. Simple Green's another good product for
removing built up grease & dirt; helps a lot.
It's not mandatory to clean with something else
before the muratic acid, but it's the best way since
things can go unnoticed if you're not careful.

Muratic Acid: READ the label before you even open the
container! There are differeing concnetrations of it,
so read the label on EACH container if you end up with
more than one or are given some or whatever.
You'll need:
to have READ the instructions
ventilation
synthetic gloves
non-metallic pails if you plan to use anything
to hold a mixture in.
ALWAYS mix to the recommended consistancy on
the label for the job youjr'e doing.

You will NOT be sorry you used the muratic acid. BTW,
it's called "etching" the concrete when you do that.

Then be sure, as already said, to get paint meant for
concrete or the coat won't last long and could be very
slippery. Always follow directions on the labels.

Don't store muratic acid near anything valuable. Even
in a closed container it can effect metal and wood
nearby. I keep my bottles in a plastic tub on my
shelving. Buy it by the gallon usually & it's
inexpensive.

HTH

Pop