BIGEYE

Default Cleaning cement from brickwork?

Nearly finished building my brick BBQ. How can I clean the cement off the
brickwork and bring out the natural look of the bricks.
Friend at work told me there is something I can paint on, leave for a few
minutes, then hose off. But he can't remember what it is.
Anyone help.
TIA

Now if you had only taken the advice to use lime mortar instead of
cement...
And when you get a bit better at bricklaying you won't get any mortar
on the brick faces. But for now you'll have to get some brick cleaner.
Ask at your local builders' merchant. It comes in various forms but is
based on hydrchloric acid. It disolves cement (and a few other things
so take care).

The Natural Philosopher

BIGEYE wrote:

Nearly finished building my brick BBQ. How can I clean the cement off the
brickwork and bring out the natural look of the bricks.
Friend at work told me there is something I can paint on, leave for a few
minutes, then hose off. But he can't remember what it is.
Anyone help.
TIA

Brick acid. 30% HCl.

Scrub it in with a wire brush if the bricks are hard, or a scrubbing
brush if they are not.

Detergents and cleaners FAQ [email protected] UK diy 49 September 26th 05 12:34 AM
Cement for brickwork BIGEYE UK diy 13 May 31st 05 08:43 PM
Cleaning brickwork CA UK diy 6 March 6th 05 10:36 PM
Cleaning Brickwork CA UK diy 3 March 5th 05 06:29 PM
Cement foundation for shed AutoTracer Home Repair 2 April 27th 04 06:25 AM