BillC

Default Tree root question

How far from cement driveway / sidewalks should you plant trees to avoid
problems with roots damaging the concrete?

How far from a septic tank and line should you plant trees to avoid problems
with roots damage?

The specific trees I'm concerned with are Rocky Mt Juniper and Colorado Blue
Spruce.

Thanks, Bill

Norminn

BillC wrote:
How far from cement driveway / sidewalks should you plant trees to avoid
problems with roots damaging the concrete?

How far from a septic tank and line should you plant trees to avoid problems
with roots damage?

The specific trees I'm concerned with are Rocky Mt Juniper and Colorado Blue
Spruce.

Thanks, Bill

These might help:

http://www.extension.iastate.edu/Pages/tree/roots.html
http://www3.sympatico.ca/galetta/tab...greentree.html

Berkshire Bill

"BillC" wrote in message
nk.net...
How far from cement driveway / sidewalks should you plant trees to avoid
problems with roots damaging the concrete?

How far from a septic tank and line should you plant trees to avoid
problems with roots damage?

The specific trees I'm concerned with are Rocky Mt Juniper and Colorado
Blue Spruce.

Thanks, Bill

I would use the adult height of the tree as a minimum. I don't like to take
chances with septic fields.

Berkshire Bill

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
repairing a tree with hole in it Danny Home Repair 8 October 10th 04 02:01 PM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs UK diy 5 March 26th 04 01:36 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Ownership 2 March 25th 04 07:03 PM
Wood Question: Which is stronger, a round post or square post? McQualude Woodworking 68 November 16th 03 07:19 AM