DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tree root question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/112965-tree-root-question.html)

BillC July 9th 05 05:33 PM

Tree root question

How far from cement driveway / sidewalks should you plant trees to avoid
problems with roots damaging the concrete?

How far from a septic tank and line should you plant trees to avoid problems
with roots damage?

The specific trees I'm concerned with are Rocky Mt Juniper and Colorado Blue
Spruce.

Thanks, Bill

Norminn July 9th 05 06:36 PM

BillC wrote:
How far from cement driveway / sidewalks should you plant trees to avoid
problems with roots damaging the concrete?

How far from a septic tank and line should you plant trees to avoid problems
with roots damage?

The specific trees I'm concerned with are Rocky Mt Juniper and Colorado Blue
Spruce.

Thanks, Bill

These might help:

http://www.extension.iastate.edu/Pages/tree/roots.html
http://www3.sympatico.ca/galetta/tab...greentree.html

Berkshire Bill July 10th 05 11:50 AM

"BillC" wrote in message
nk.net...
How far from cement driveway / sidewalks should you plant trees to avoid
problems with roots damaging the concrete?

How far from a septic tank and line should you plant trees to avoid
problems with roots damage?

The specific trees I'm concerned with are Rocky Mt Juniper and Colorado
Blue Spruce.

Thanks, Bill

I would use the adult height of the tree as a minimum. I don't like to take
chances with septic fields.

Berkshire Bill