No

Default How powerfull should be shop vac for swimming pool winterization

Hi,

I would like to do this year pool winterization myself (Toronto, Canada) and
was wandering how powerfull should be shop vac to properly blow water lines
out?

Thanks

Don Phillipson

"No" wrote in message

I would like to do this year pool winterization myself (Toronto, Canada)

and
was wandering how powerfull should be shop vac to properly blow water

lines
out?

Every pool system I have so far seen has a
drain cap at its lowest point, underneath the
sand filter. You just take the cap off and put
it back (greased) when it stops dripping. A
strap wrench helps if difficult of access.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

TP

Don Phillipson wrote:

"No" wrote in message

I would like to do this year pool winterization myself (Toronto, Canada)

and

was wandering how powerfull should be shop vac to properly blow water

lines

out?

Every pool system I have so far seen has a
drain cap at its lowest point, underneath the
sand filter. You just take the cap off and put
it back (greased) when it stops dripping. A
strap wrench helps if difficult of access.

(Don) must be assuming an above ground pool? Inground pools, I
just use a 4HP shop vac. Then fill the lines with recreational
vehicle anti-freeze.
Why would you be thinking about closing the pool now? It is a
great swimming pool season.

TP
FDR

"TP" wrote in message

Don Phillipson wrote:

"No" wrote in message

I would like to do this year pool winterization myself (Toronto, Canada)

and

was wandering how powerfull should be shop vac to properly blow water

lines

out?

Every pool system I have so far seen has a
drain cap at its lowest point, underneath the
sand filter. You just take the cap off and put
it back (greased) when it stops dripping. A
strap wrench helps if difficult of access.

(Don) must be assuming an above ground pool? Inground pools, I just use a
4HP shop vac. Then fill the lines with recreational vehicle anti-freeze.
Why would you be thinking about closing the pool now? It is a great
swimming pool season.

TP

They never bother with blowing out the lines here. Just fill with an
anifreeze and that's it.

No

OK, I will look for 4HP shop vac. I am just preparing myself ahead for
season closing.
And I do agree, now it is perfect swimming season.

Thanks for info.

"TP" wrote in message

Don Phillipson wrote:

"No" wrote in message

I would like to do this year pool winterization myself (Toronto, Canada)

and

was wandering how powerfull should be shop vac to properly blow water

lines

out?

Every pool system I have so far seen has a
drain cap at its lowest point, underneath the
sand filter. You just take the cap off and put
it back (greased) when it stops dripping. A
strap wrench helps if difficult of access.

(Don) must be assuming an above ground pool? Inground pools, I just use a
4HP shop vac. Then fill the lines with recreational vehicle anti-freeze.
Why would you be thinking about closing the pool now? It is a great
swimming pool season.

TP

Grandpa Koca

Stuart Benoff wrote:
Anybody know if 1.75, 135 psi compressor will work to blow out the lines
on an inground pool?

Thanks!

What's your water pressure? Probably less than 80 psi, I'd wager.
Now, is 135 than 80? Then, it will probably do just fine provided you
make a good seal on the connection to the compressor, and be sure to
turn off the connection to the water supply.

--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

What is that dripping from my fingers?
Why it looks like time.