Default Front Load Washer Door is STUCK

The door on my Kenmore front load Washing Machine is stuck and won't
open despite my turning the timer, spinning and rewashing, etc.
Repairman said it'll cost more to fix it ($400) than probably to buy a
new one. He said we would have to break the door latch open. I need a
second opinion. Thanks.

Model # is 417 4314 2300. The repair technician I called was from
Sears where I also bought the washing machine. Any suggestions on who
can help me fix it in the Chicago area if I can't do it myself? Thanks.

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
Model # is 417 4314 2300. The repair technician I called was from
Sears where I also bought the washing machine. Any suggestions on who
can help me fix it in the Chicago area if I can't do it myself? Thanks.

Get out the phone book. In a large metropolitan area like you are, there are
probably a dozen independent appliance repair companies. Ask friends and
neighbor who they used. Sears tends to be high priced.

Appliance Repair Aid

Model # is 417 4314 2300. The repair technician I called was from
Sears where I also bought the washing machine. Any suggestions on who
can help me fix it in the Chicago area if I can't do it myself? Thanks.

Hi,

Model # is 417.43142300

This is a Frigidaire built Kenmore.

If the lock itself gets broken, the part is under $100.00
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=774920
Door lock and switch assembly.

If just the door stricker get broken when the door is yanked open, part
is under $5.00
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral...=153&N=1032664
Door strike/catch.

Even if both need to be done, both parts are way less than a new washer
is

Any suggestions on who
can help me fix it in the Chicago area if I can't do it myself?

Nope, I am in the Great White North....ask friends, neighbours or
family whom they use and trust.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
The door on my Kenmore front load Washing Machine is stuck and won't
open despite my turning the timer, spinning and rewashing, etc.
Repairman said it'll cost more to fix it ($400) than probably to buy a
new one. He said we would have to break the door latch open. I need a
second opinion. Thanks.

I do not pretend to know about your washer.

Have you unplugged the washer and then tried the door?

My Maytag Neptune door is held electrically.

I was able to force the door open with nothing seeming to break The
machine still works but now I have to force the door open each time
since the automatic release doesn't work.

Any suggestions on what to do next? Or do I have just have to live with
just opening the door forcefully every time and just pray that teh
machine doesn't break. Thanks.

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was able to force the door open with nothing seeming to break The
machine still works but now I have to force the door open each time
since the automatic release doesn't work.

Any suggestions on what to do next? Or do I have just have to live with
just opening the door forcefully every time and just pray that teh
machine doesn't break. Thanks.

What does the automatic release do and how does it work? If it is a magnet,
it is possible the magnet is bad. Solenoid valves are electro magnets. Even
something as simple as a loose connection can do it. Could be the catch is
held in place with the magnet during operation and a spring releases it when
the magnet is turned off. Could be a broken spring or stuck latch than
needs lubrication.

You can probably get some help if you have a friend with a multi-meter and
basic knowledge of following a wiring diagram.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/