fish

Default Ceiling texture refinishing

hi,

i have a textured ceiling with a pattern that resembles a daisy, with
about 8 petals. i had a problem with a leaking shower that was
corrected which leaves me with some repair to the downstairs ceiling.
I beleive i have the tools, the mud, putty knife, and circular brush
bought at home depot which the clerk told me will duplicate the
pattern i have.

so this is a technique question, how much water do i mix into the
pre-mixed mud to create a consistency that will be easy to tool on
this job? and two, what technique do i use to do this job right?

thanks in advance.
Fish

Colbyt

"fish" wrote in message
hi,

i have a textured ceiling with a pattern that resembles a daisy, with
about 8 petals. i had a problem with a leaking shower that was
corrected which leaves me with some repair to the downstairs ceiling.
I beleive i have the tools, the mud, putty knife, and circular brush
bought at home depot which the clerk told me will duplicate the
pattern i have.

so this is a technique question, how much water do i mix into the
pre-mixed mud to create a consistency that will be easy to tool on
this job? and two, what technique do i use to do this job right?

thanks in advance.
Fish

This a generalized answer.

Mix mud, flat paint and water to the consistency of pancake batter (think
triple thick milk shake). Something like a quart of paint to 5 gallons of
mud. You can skip the paint if you don't have any. It just helps make the
whole batter a little more sticky.

Apply a thin layer with a long nap roller and use the wet brush to take
your best shot at duplicating the pattern. You may want to test your moves
on a scrap of drywall before the actual project. Matching another persons
work is always tough even when you have the exact same tools.

Anything that is close will look fine once the entire ceiling is painted.

Colbyt