fish

Default Ceiling texture refinishing

hi,

i have a textured ceiling with a pattern that resembles a daisy, with
about 8 petals. i had a problem with a leaking shower that was
corrected which leaves me with some repair to the downstairs ceiling.
I beleive i have the tools, the mud, putty knife, and circular brush
bought at home depot which the clerk told me will duplicate the
pattern i have.

so this is a technique question, how much water do i mix into the
pre-mixed mud to create a consistency that will be easy to tool on
this job? and two, what technique do i use to do this job right?

thanks in advance.
Fish