Bob

Default Vinylite windows

Anybody have any experience or knowledge of Vinylite windows? They're low-
E, argon filled and cheap. What's the bad news, if any?

(www.vinylite.com)
ng_reader

Vinyl windows are almost all the same.

Mine are fine, but after getting them I wished I had wood.

The biggest downside is the 3" all around the window opening for that tacky
vinyl.

"Bob" wrote in message ...
Anybody have any experience or knowledge of Vinylite windows? They're

low-
E, argon filled and cheap. What's the bad news, if any?

(www.vinylite.com)

m Ransley

Just because they are Low E Argon doesn`t mean didly. There are many
different performance perameters windows are rated for. Such as cdf ,
shg, vlt, r value etc.

Read Consumer Reports to start the learning experiance. Glass is not
Glass as Bs salesmen will tell you. But evolving and not equal.

Jose Moses

"ng_reader" wrote
Vinyl windows are almost all the same.

Mine are fine, but after getting them I wished I had wood.

The biggest downside is the 3" all around the window opening for that

tacky
vinyl.

This information is incorrect.

There's virgin vinyl, and recycled vinyl. Also, it matters a great deal of
the amount of cavities in the frame and sashes. Cheaply made vinyl windows
are always very large frames like yours, and not as rigid. A slimline vinyl
has extra cavities and made from virgin vinyl, the frames are less than half
the size of yours (1-1/4"). Sounds like you have recycled cheap windows.