EvoDawg

Default Removing old tile from CONCRETE

Ignoramus6767 wrote:

We ended up hiring some Bulgarian guy (recommended to us) to do the
work. The amount was $500, labor only. Since the work involves
removing about 12-15 sq ft of tile from concrete, he said that we'd
need a tool to remove it which he does not have. I think that he means
a power chisel. Since I have a relatively bad ass 80 gallon compressor

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/CurtisCompressor/

I would, therefore, prefer to buy an air hammer/chisel. We'll need to
buy one tomorrow, so it is either Harbor Freight store or Home
depot. Which tool would you recommend for removing tile stuck to
concrete?

thanks

Heck if the existing tile is flat, tile right over the old. Harbor Frieght
has cheap china tools but it should last long enough to remove 15 sq.ft. of
tile from concrete.

Rich
--
*Remove "nospam" to email
"You can lead them to LINUX
G Henslee

Ignoramus6767 wrote:
We ended up hiring some Bulgarian guy (recommended to us) to do the
work. The amount was $500, labor only. Since the work involves
removing about 12-15 sq ft of tile from concrete, he said that we'd
need a tool to remove it which he does not have.

This clown sounds like he ought to be put back on the boat... And you
with him.
12-15 sq.ft.. what a joke.
tom

G Henslee wrote: This clown sounds like he ought to be put back on the
boat... And you
with him.
12-15 sq.ft.. what a joke.

Absolutely right. Thank you. Tom

dadiOH

Ignoramus6767 wrote:
We ended up hiring some Bulgarian guy (recommended to us) to do the
work. The amount was $500, labor only. Since the work involves
removing about 12-15 sq ft of tile from concrete, he said that we'd
need a tool to remove it which he does not have. I think that he means
a power chisel. Since I have a relatively bad ass 80 gallon compressor

You are paying him a minimum of $33.33 per square foot just to lay tile?
*AND* buying a tool "he doesn't have"? Have you always been a sucker?
____________

I would, therefore, prefer to buy an air hammer/chisel. We'll need to
buy one tomorrow, so it is either Harbor Freight store or Home
depot. Which tool would you recommend for removing tile stuck to
concrete?

For that little bit, a plain old hand hammer and scraper/chisel. Maybe
your Bulgarian already has those.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

dadiOH

dadiOH wrote:

You chose your nym appropriately.

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

removing lime stains from a concrete floor Matt Home Repair 20 February 10th 21 10:43 PM
Removing vinyl floor tile adhesive Andy UK diy 5 February 22nd 05 10:05 PM
Need to smooth out sheetrock after removing plastic tile? Aaron Home Repair 4 March 5th 04 05:36 PM
Florida Tile LD Home Ownership 17 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Removing glued down vinyl flooring from concrete? Chris Wilson UK diy 2 July 10th 03 11:01 AM