PVR

Default Hole in Ducting.

I need to cut a 4" dia hole in a 6" dia duct which is installed in place
between the joists. I am considering a circular saw with a pilot drill
attached to a power drill. Perhaps there are better techniques or tools?

Thanks, Peter.

Greetings,

What you suggest would work but you might just consider using a pair of
snips. Consider if your pre-existing hole saw blade is for metal or
wood in your decision making.

William

George E. Cawthon

PVR wrote:
I need to cut a 4" dia hole in a 6" dia duct which is installed in place
between the joists. I am considering a circular saw with a pilot drill
attached to a power drill. Perhaps there are better techniques or tools?

Thanks, Peter.

Drill a pilot hole then use a nibbler which cuts a
thin strip. Should be able to find a cheap one
for less than $10; much easier to use than tin
snips on a box section already installed.
Joseph Meehan

PVR wrote:
I need to cut a 4" dia hole in a 6" dia duct which is installed in
place between the joists. I am considering a circular saw with a
pilot drill attached to a power drill. Perhaps there are better
techniques or tools?
Thanks, Peter.

The best tool is a nibbler. Snips are second. I sure would not try to
use a circular saw.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit