W. Watson

Default Motor Frame # for Delta 28-195 Bandsaw?

Anyone know the frame # for the model above? If not, I'll call Delta in
the morning.
RicodJour

W. Watson wrote:
Anyone know the frame # for the model above? If not, I'll call Delta in
the morning.

Google, type in: Delta 28-195 Bandsaw parts

http://tinyurl.com/am7qj

Edwin Pawlowski

"W. Watson" wrote in message
ink.net...
Anyone know the frame # for the model above? If not, I'll call Delta in
the morning.

Look at the motor. Is it a base mount or c face? If it is a 1/2" shaft, it
is a 48 frame. If it is 5/8" shaft, it is a 56 frame.

You may find a replacement at McMaster or Grainger.

W. Watson

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"W. Watson" wrote in message
ink.net...

Anyone know the frame # for the model above? If not, I'll call Delta in
the morning.

Look at the motor. Is it a base mount or c face? If it is a 1/2" shaft, it
is a 48 frame. If it is 5/8" shaft, it is a 56 frame.

You may find a replacement at McMaster or Grainger.

Hard to get to at the moment, but I would think it's a base mount. Axle
is difficult to measure, but it appears to be much closer to 3/4", so
it's likely 5/8th if those are the two choices.

I have a local dealer.

One morning it just stopped working. I turned it on and the motor just
produced a grumbly hum. I've tried replacing rhe capacitor--no change. I
can rotate the axle by hand without any difficulty. The switch seems OK.
The shaft does not move in and out. Very strange. I've had it 4-5
years and I'd be surprised if I've put 4 hours on it.

Edwin Pawlowski

"W. Watson" wrote in message
I have a local dealer.

One morning it just stopped working. I turned it on and the motor just
produced a grumbly hum. I've tried replacing rhe capacitor--no change. I
can rotate the axle by hand without any difficulty. The switch seems OK.
The shaft does not move in and out. Very strange. I've had it 4-5 years
and I'd be surprised if I've put 4 hours on it.

You may want to try a repair shop. Some motors are not worth fixing but
others can be done cheaply compared to a new motor.

RicodJour

W. Watson wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
W. Watson wrote:

Anyone know the frame # for the model above? If not, I'll call Delta in
the morning.

Google, type in: Delta 28-195 Bandsaw parts
http://tinyurl.com/am7qj

Tried that.

The link above shows a part that is listed as the frame:
1348897 FRAME $104.00

How many frames are there? There's only one listed on the parts
diagram.

Tony Hwang

W. Watson wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"W. Watson" wrote in message
ink.net...

Anyone know the frame # for the model above? If not, I'll call Delta
in the morning.

Look at the motor. Is it a base mount or c face? If it is a 1/2"
shaft, it is a 48 frame. If it is 5/8" shaft, it is a 56 frame.

You may find a replacement at McMaster or Grainger.

Hard to get to at the moment, but I would think it's a base mount. Axle
is difficult to measure, but it appears to be much closer to 3/4", so
it's likely 5/8th if those are the two choices.

I have a local dealer.

One morning it just stopped working. I turned it on and the motor just
produced a grumbly hum. I've tried replacing rhe capacitor--no change. I
can rotate the axle by hand without any difficulty. The switch seems OK.
The shaft does not move in and out. Very strange. I've had it 4-5 years
and I'd be surprised if I've put 4 hours on it.

Hi,
Centrifugal switch inside the housing maybe shot. That switch controls
start/run mode of the motor. You have to take the motor apart to check it.
Tony
RicodJour

W. Watson wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"W. Watson" wrote in message
Anyone know the frame # for the model above? If not, I'll call Delta in
the morning.

Look at the motor. Is it a base mount or c face? If it is a 1/2" shaft, it
is a 48 frame. If it is 5/8" shaft, it is a 56 frame.

You may find a replacement at McMaster or Grainger.

Hard to get to at the moment, but I would think it's a base mount. Axle
is difficult to measure, but it appears to be much closer to 3/4", so
it's likely 5/8th if those are the two choices.

I have a local dealer.

One morning it just stopped working. I turned it on and the motor just
produced a grumbly hum. I've tried replacing rhe capacitor--no change. I
can rotate the axle by hand without any difficulty. The switch seems OK.
The shaft does not move in and out. Very strange. I've had it 4-5
years and I'd be surprised if I've put 4 hours on it.

For such a little amount of use it probably doesn't make much sense to
buy a replacement motor. Particularly when you can get a reconditioned
9" Delta bandsaw for $80 delivered through Amazon. You'll pay more
than that for the motor thorugh Grainger or Delta and you'll have to
deal with tax and/or shipping.

http://tinyurl.com/d3stb

Edwin Pawlowski

"RicodJour" wrote in message
For such a little amount of use it probably doesn't make much sense to
buy a replacement motor. Particularly when you can get a reconditioned
9" Delta bandsaw for $80 delivered through Amazon. You'll pay more
than that for the motor thorugh Grainger or Delta and you'll have to
deal with tax and/or shipping.

http://tinyurl.com/d3stb

The 9" model is a toy. The 10" is a miniature version of a real saw. Huge
difference and worth fixing the motor.

W. Watson

Tony Hwang wrote:

W. Watson wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"W. Watson" wrote in message
ink.net...

[...]

Interesting. I'll look into it.

Also fond that there is no frame #. This motor was specially built for
them, $78.

W. Watson

W. Watson wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:

W. Watson wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"W. Watson" wrote in message
ink.net...

[...]

BTW, what does the switch look like and where in the motor would I find
it? The end where the axle protrudes or the opposite end?
W. Watson

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"W. Watson" wrote in message

I have a local dealer.

One morning it just stopped working. I turned it on and the motor just
produced a grumbly hum. I've tried replacing rhe capacitor--no change. I
can rotate the axle by hand without any difficulty. The switch seems OK.
The shaft does not move in and out. Very strange. I've had it 4-5 years
and I'd be surprised if I've put 4 hours on it.

You may want to try a repair shop. Some motors are not worth fixing but
others can be done cheaply compared to a new motor.

A new one is $92 including shipping. I don't know if that's expensive or
not in terms of motors. The guy at our (only) local repair shop is so
busy he didn't have the time to give me the time of day. I think I'll go
for the new one, and see what I can do about repairing the old one
myself. At least I'll have a lot of wire. :-)
RicodJour

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
For such a little amount of use it probably doesn't make much sense to
buy a replacement motor. Particularly when you can get a reconditioned
9" Delta bandsaw for $80 delivered through Amazon. You'll pay more
than that for the motor thorugh Grainger or Delta and you'll have to
deal with tax and/or shipping.

http://tinyurl.com/d3stb

The 9" model is a toy. The 10" is a miniature version of a real saw. Huge
difference and worth fixing the motor.

Mebbe so. 4 hours use in 4-5 years...? Any way you look at it, either
one, it is a toy.