Jim

Default 3 Bathroom Vents - One Roof Vent

Can I exhaust 3 bathroom vents through one roof vent or does each bathroom
vent need its own roof vent?

SQLit

"Jim" wrote in message
Can I exhaust 3 bathroom vents through one roof vent or does each bathroom
vent need its own roof vent?

depends on the local code and size of the vent.
I know Nutone makes a multiple bathroom with one fan and vent system. I also
know on the only installation that I saw the inspector required back draft
dampers on all the runs after the motor.

RicodJour

Jim wrote:
Can I exhaust 3 bathroom vents through one roof vent or does each bathroom
vent need its own roof vent?

Are you talking about plumbing or ventilation vents? How far apart are
the bathrooms?

Phisherman

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:10:15 GMT, "Jim"
wrote:

Can I exhaust 3 bathroom vents through one roof vent or does each bathroom
vent need its own roof vent?

One roof vent for multiple exhaust fans.
SilverUnicorn

Our house is 4 years old. We have one roof vent and we have 2 1/2 bathrooms.

We line in PA.

Chris

"Jim" wrote in message
Can I exhaust 3 bathroom vents through one roof vent or does each bathroom
vent need its own roof vent?

MC

Most new vents fans enclosers have built in dampers to prevent backflow, If
not install and external one then will be OK.

Also they make a system that has an inline fan unit in the attic that all
vents run to, no noise with those but are pulling air from all vents when
only one is needed.