Sasha

Default Plumbing advise needed

I am changing plumbing in my house. For upstairs bathroom toiltet I
installed 3" closet bend with side 2" inlet vent connection. I have 3"
sewer. Yesterday, a plumbing inspector told me to put 3" X 4" closet
bend with 2" vent connection. He mentioned the name of the part but I
don't remember. I did a google search on parts and the only suitable
part I found is 3" X 4" street closet bend with no vent inlet
connection. The only way I can connect the vent to closet bend is to
the side of the bend. Can some plumbing expert advise me what part I
need to put for toilet? Also I don't understand why 3" X 3" closet bend
is not good.

Speedy Jim

Sasha wrote:
I am changing plumbing in my house. For upstairs bathroom toiltet I
installed 3" closet bend with side 2" inlet vent connection. I have 3"
sewer. Yesterday, a plumbing inspector told me to put 3" X 4" closet
bend with 2" vent connection. He mentioned the name of the part but I
don't remember. I did a google search on parts and the only suitable
part I found is 3" X 4" street closet bend with no vent inlet
connection. The only way I can connect the vent to closet bend is to
the side of the bend. Can some plumbing expert advise me what part I
need to put for toilet? Also I don't understand why 3" X 3" closet bend
is not good.

The 4 X 3 Closet EL is probably all there is.
He probably specified a 4" closet flange because
that is the rule in their code.

Do you have room after the EL to put in a 3 X 2
San TEE? That would give you the side inlet
for the 2" vent and I should think it would be
acceptable. The TEE can even be turned up 45 deg
to comply with the requirement that TEE's not be
laid on their side.

Jim