Martin

Default plumbing advice needed

got a plumbing question for the experts,

currently, this is the plumbing i have in upstairs bathroom:

\________________|__________________
up for toilet vent to attic to roof drain down

i would like to move the drain for toilet (move the toilet) more to the left
(on the schematics) this invoves bringing the horizontal drain up by about
8" to cross a structural beam (the part after the vent). Is is acceptable
to do this for toilet drain? It would be 2-45° elbows back to back (i don't
see problem with this, as long as the overall slope is maintained).
If this is done, does the vent have to be relocated - ie would it have to
come up from the new elevated section , or can it remain as it is?
the new plumbing would look like this

\___
\______|_________

or like this:

\___|
\_______________

Thanks.
m.

Speedy Jim

Martin wrote:

[...]

I would rather see the vent moved but, as a practical
matter it may not make much difference.

Jim
Nick Hull

In article ,
"Martin" wrote:

i would like to move the drain for toilet (move the toilet) more to the left
(on the schematics) this invoves bringing the horizontal drain up by about
8" to cross a structural beam (the part after the vent). Is is acceptable
to do this for toilet drain? It would be 2-45° elbows back to back (i don't
see problem with this, as long as the overall slope is maintained).

Should be no problem, I did that in the original plumbing in my house
many years ago and have had no problem.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Colbyt

"Martin" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

There is a code requirement that the main stack (vent for toilet) must be
within 3 feet (I think) of the toliet flange.

As long as the overall path to the vent is up I don't think you will have
any problems. I have seen a lot of strange things work just fine.

Colbyt