Henry H. Hansteen

Default Paint sprayers

Hi,
I'm hoping to get some recommendations on a good
paint sprayer for use on a house exterior. I'm not
impressed with the Wagners I've seen - too much
noise and vibration.
Thanks,
Henry

--

http://www.commondreams.org/

Travis Jordan

Henry H. Hansteen wrote:
I'm hoping to get some recommendations on a good
paint sprayer for use on a house exterior.

Don't use a sprayer, the finished job won't be anywhere near as good as
if you brush & roll it.

Besides, most of the work is in preparation (pressure washing, scraping,
sanding, etc.) and a paint sprayer won't help with that.

Duane Bozarth

Travis Jordan wrote:

Henry H. Hansteen wrote:
I'm hoping to get some recommendations on a good
paint sprayer for use on a house exterior.

Don't use a sprayer, the finished job won't be anywhere near as good as
if you brush & roll it.

Not necessarily true at all...

Besides, most of the work is in preparation (pressure washing, scraping,
sanding, etc.) and a paint sprayer won't help with that.

This part is true...

To OP, I've been quite pleased w/ the moderately priced Graco units
(Orange BORG among other places)...
SQLit

"Henry H. Hansteen" wrote in message

Hi,
I'm hoping to get some recommendations on a good
paint sprayer for use on a house exterior. I'm not
impressed with the Wagners I've seen - too much
noise and vibration.
Thanks,
Henry

--

http://www.commondreams.org/

I bought a Campbell-Hausfeild something like 10 years ago. Outside for large
expanses it works well. I have used in inside a couple of times and yikes,
it just puts out to much paint but works well on popcorn ceilings.
Like all tools it takes time to get used to it. Maintenance is critical.

Mine rattles and shakes but puts the paint where I want it.

I have had it professionally rebuilt 2 years ago. Cost $130.00 if I had the
time and known where the parts could have been had, I could have done it for
about $80.00.
I am strictly a latex guy with this machine. I dilute the paint 1 gallon of
water to 5 of paint. I do 3 coats, one up and down one side to side and one
diagonally.
If your doing a block wall this is the way to do it.

ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy

HighVolumeLowPressure spray systems are turbine driven sprayers that
actually deliver a decent finish (unlike the much hyped wagner that was a
POS)
At around a hundred bucks, can you go wrong?
www.princessauto.com has em cheap right now.

--

Remove the obvious to reply. Experienced and reliable
Concrete Finishing and Synthetic Stucco application in the GTA.
"SQLit" wrote in message

[...]

Duane Bozarth

LOKI wrote:

Plus your neighbors will hate you. I used one to do the fence one year and
the slight breeze took the paint all over the place. Never again.

That's the lack of preparation and choice of time/wind direction, not
the sprayer per se. Any open surface such as a fence needs a backup it
you're going to spray and are where drift is a possible issue.
Henry H. Hansteen

Travis Jordan wrote:
Henry H. Hansteen wrote:

I'm hoping to get some recommendations on a good
paint sprayer for use on a house exterior.

Don't use a sprayer, the finished job won't be anywhere near as good as
if you brush & roll it.

Besides, most of the work is in preparation (pressure washing, scraping,
sanding, etc.) and a paint sprayer won't help with that.

I have to paint siding made of cedar shingles. It's almost
impossible to get between them with a brush, but I was planning
on brushing the paint in after it is sprayed on to work it
deeper into the wood.

-

http://www.commondreams.org/

Gort

Henry H. Hansteen wrote:
Travis Jordan wrote:

Henry H. Hansteen wrote:

I'm hoping to get some recommendations on a good
paint sprayer for use on a house exterior.

Don't use a sprayer, the finished job won't be anywhere near as good as
if you brush & roll it.

Besides, most of the work is in preparation (pressure washing, scraping,
sanding, etc.) and a paint sprayer won't help with that.

I have to paint siding made of cedar shingles. It's almost
impossible to get between them with a brush, but I was planning
on brushing the paint in after it is sprayed on to work it
deeper into the wood.

-

http://www.commondreams.org/

The only advice I'll offer is to stay away from Wagner sprayers.
I bought one (to save money) and ended up having to buy another one to
finish spraying the house. The paint (good brand outdoor latex) clogged
the pump motor.
IMHO they're junk.

inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
how to ignore a posting,complain to me and I will demonstrate.

Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Excerpt: Room for Improvement Jane Smith Home Repair 1 October 3rd 05 10:22 AM
Hardinge Paint Purchase (long) [email protected] Metalworking 2 April 21st 05 07:28 PM
Paint sprayers from HD/Lowes???? Richard Holliingsworth Woodworking 3 March 16th 04 03:21 PM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM