PaPaPeng wrote:
On 18 Jun 2005 15:19:31 -0700, wrote:

I don't know where you live but nowhere that I ever lived had
cold tapwater that was 90 degrees F. You do understand he
would only be recirculating the air, not the water, right?

I folllow your argument. But to use colder water from the house
supply to circulate through the car radiator gizmo where will this
water go to? Certainly potable water is too precious to let it run to
waste or even to over water the lawn. A simpler and more effective
patch would be to put a block of ice infront of the fan.

It's not simpler if you include the process of making the ice.

As he said, the water is free.

Just how expensive and precisou potable water is depends on location.
My water comes from the Potomac River upstream from Washington DC
and the effluent goes to the Pautuxent river. Both flow into the
Chesapeak Bay. So if I were to do this, the net effect on the Bay
would be zilch. Since my water does not come from a resevoir,
I would not be depleting any resources either. Most people in the
US water their law with potable water. Most building codes don't
allow any BUT potable water to enter a house though some will use
grey water (like bathwater) to water their lawns and gardens.

If his city doesn't even charge for potable water then there is a
good chance that potable water is plentiful locally.

Also consider that the flowrate would be small because the specific
heat of water is much higher than air. A trickly would suffice.

Heck, he could trickle it over his roof, as he first suggested, a
double whammy but it would not be enough to keep his whole roof wet.

BTW, a 'soaker hose' laid along the ridge line would probably be
able to wet the roof evenly.

--

FF

Puddin' Man

On 19 Jun 2005 10:09:13 -0700, wrote:

PaPaPeng wrote:
On 18 Jun 2005 15:19:31 -0700,
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for an accurate observation. We are at the confluence
of 2 of the 3 largest rivers in the US. Water is thankfully
plentiful he they meter to businesses but not generally
to residences. They probably wouldn't like my little idea,
'tho, if they became aware of it.

Also consider that the flowrate would be small because the specific
heat of water is much higher than air. A trickly would suffice.

Heck, he could trickle it over his roof, as he first suggested, a
double whammy but it would not be enough to keep his whole roof wet.

BTW, a 'soaker hose' laid along the ridge line would probably be
able to wet the roof evenly.

And looks to be the best option. If I could only find a cheap,
unobtrusive way to rig it ...

Maybe a 30' soaker run for as little as 3 hours only on clear,
90+ degree days (maybe 40 days/season). Just enought flow to
keep most of the roof wet.

Any ideas (I'm brainlocked)??

Thx,
Puddin'

*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***