Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jeff Wisnia

Default 1" flexible hose with threaded ends?

Ignoramus6998 wrote:
I made a water slide for my 4 year old today. I used a Wayne 1 HP pump
from Farm and Fleet, and their garden hose adapter.

The pump has openings for 1" pipe (1" NPT), and adapters for garden
hose, which is what I used.

I suspect that if I could use a 1" hose instead, I would greatly
improve water throughput and reduce load on the pump. The lift is only
about 2 feet. It may increase to maybe 4 feet if/when my son would
want a more exciting ride.

The setup recirculates water in an inflatable pool. The kid, is, in
fact, absolutely thrilled and could be barely dragged away from the
water slide, crying.

So, my question is, where can I find garden hose-like flexible hose
threaded for 1" NPT? I only need one threaded end, preferably male but
could be female.

Thanks

Just a thought, but how about trying one of those "Y" adaptors that lets
you feed two garden hoses from one sillcock and running two pieces of
5/8" or 3/4" garden hose. Might be easier to move around than a 1" hose,
and you could easily make up the correct minimum hose lengths with some
female "repair couplers".

It'd also tell you if your theory about more lift with less flow
restriction will get you what you're looking for.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia