Bg

Default Lawn Fountain

Just moved in. Have a large in-ground, 3-pond water fountain. Each pond is
made up of a stone rim and pebble -concrete base. It apparently hasn't been
active for a few years. Once I got it cleaned out, I filled all the ponds
with water. They didn't hold water overnight. There are not any obvious
cracks, holes,etc. I suspect the concrete is porous. Is there any solutions
such as a sealer that can be sprayed or painted on the concrete base?. Was
thinking of Dri-loc (or something) for basement wall leaks...but think that
would not look right. Aside from completely rebuilding the ponds with the
proper liners...any thoughts??
Thanks
Bg

Joseph Meehan

Bg wrote:
Just moved in. Have a large in-ground, 3-pond water fountain. Each
pond is made up of a stone rim and pebble -concrete base. It
apparently hasn't been active for a few years. Once I got it cleaned
out, I filled all the ponds with water. They didn't hold water
overnight. There are not any obvious cracks, holes,etc. I suspect the
concrete is porous. Is there any solutions such as a sealer that can
be sprayed or painted on the concrete base?. Was thinking of Dri-loc
(or something) for basement wall leaks...but think that would not
look right. Aside from completely rebuilding the ponds with the
proper liners...any thoughts?? Thanks
Bg

I have used two things, both seemed to work.

First for a small project I used some of that dip rubber used for tool
handles.

For a larger project, I had just done my garage floor with a nice 2 part
epoxy and that is still working.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Hmm.....
Not so sure about the concrete (being porous).... assuming this has a
pump/tubing for the fountains, have you checked the tubing/pump/seals?
If it is the concrete, sounds like time for a liner....

Bg wrote:
Just moved in. Have a large in-ground, 3-pond water fountain. Each pond is
made up of a stone rim and pebble -concrete base. It apparently hasn't been
active for a few years. Once I got it cleaned out, I filled all the ponds
with water. They didn't hold water overnight. There are not any obvious
cracks, holes,etc. I suspect the concrete is porous. Is there any solutions
such as a sealer that can be sprayed or painted on the concrete base?. Was
thinking of Dri-loc (or something) for basement wall leaks...but think that
would not look right. Aside from completely rebuilding the ponds with the
proper liners...any thoughts??
Thanks
Bg

The problem with epoxy (I too have painted multiple floors with
two-part solvent-based epoxy)
is that it chalks horribly, when exposed outdoors.

Dr. Hardcrab

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
Bg wrote:
[...]

So your garage is now holding water???

;-]

Matt

They probably havn't been used in years because - they leak.

My neighbors have a similar setup.... they don't use theirs because -
they leak.

Did the seller disclose this problem?

dadiOH

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
For a larger project, I had just done my garage floor with a nice
2 part epoxy and that is still working.

So your garage is now holding water???

;-]

*LOL*

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Joseph Meehan

Bg wrote:
[...]

Not funny. The *&$% builder did not slop the concrete well in the
garage so it does not drain properly. I have several puddle areas. If I
ever build again, I will demand a test to assure that each bay drains to the
center of that bay and out the door before closing.

;-]

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit